Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Weds 1st April: G20 protests - discussion, reaction and chat

I don't really know what you get out of these types of comments. It's not as if you're putting forward a genuine, well reasoned opinion that people can engage you with. All you're doing is trying to wind people up. There's any number of people that don't agree with the protests, think they're ill conceived, pointless, badly carried out. But they seem to be able to get their point across in a way that even if there's disagreement, there's a respect for the point of view. And they contribute too - take for example STFC who went and took some photos yesterday lunchtime and posted them up.

But you, you can't even troll successfully.

Drink? is just a wind up merchant twat.

There is an ignore button for Tory wankers like Drink?

i just think it was a wrong time to throw ridicule...

but hey each to their own..:hmm:

Maybe your right.....

However there is so much about these knobs that get me riled...saying that some of the police actions get me het up to the same degree though I always side with the underdog;)

Its just not as black and white as people on here will argue, and people whacking off at the violence and smashing of things whilst at the same time decrying police kicking off just gets my goat...smacks of hypocrisy...trust me am not anti protest, am anti the minority and rabid reaction:)

Drink? is just a wind up merchant twat.

There is an ignore button for Tory wankers like Drink?

Tory....yup thats right....I'm to apathetic to have any political interest don't you know that :rolleyes: put me on ignore though don't steal my lunch money or give me a wedgy

You're an immature cock Drink. It's one thing being a plastic prawn munching public schoolboy on football threads, but you look even more of a tiresome wanker here than usual.

You're an immature cock Drink. It's one thing being a plastic prawn munching public schoolboy on football threads, but you look even more of a tiresome wanker here than usual.

morning dipsh*t....how those shoulders, still got chips on both of them:D

i hope we see more than we did today in light of the news, all on the streets i wish i could get to london and join in, good luck one in all need to sleep up at by 9am: twitter images and news with this tag #imcg20 for indymedia feed and let the police remeber they killed one of us:

For urban75's sake you shouldn't be throwing around accusations like that. Novbody knows yet why the man died.

For urban75's sake you shouldn't be throwing around accusations like that. Novbody knows yet why the man died.

seconded.

no matter how angry, bemused, confused or whatever the feelings..
I dont think this is the point to throw accusations.

what should be seriously questioned with anger to the police is their shitty fucking tactics on a largely peaceful protest that left many with injuries and many more panicking with no place to escape.

Times headline, 'Police were attacked as they helped dying man at G20 protests in City'

I guess if the cops can get their spin in first, then enumber feels he has to get his counter-spin in.

Times headline, 'Police were attacked as they helped dying man at G20 protests in City'

I guess if the cops can get their spin in first, then enumber feels he has to get his counter-spin in.

Sounds to me like that should read "police attacked for helping a man die" ... let's see if they try to cover up the coroners report or the inevitable video footage of skulls being cracked with batons for no good reason...

I think April 1st 2009, Financial Fools Day, will be remembered as small riot, one window smashed, OB enjoyed their overtime. And the protestors have got to get some better spokes people. Watching the rolling coverage when the TV were talking to the protestors, most who came across as a bunch of middle class milk-sops.. "yah... well we're so angry, yah... right.. 'cos the police are like..." :rolleyes:
Anyhow the city workers enjoyed the street theatre and did you really think that Gordon would allow riots in the city to usurp his front page photo ops with Barak..??

What's the Sun's take - 'Protesters picked dead guy's pockets and pissed on cops?'

Pretty much (WARNING: Contains pictures you may find distressing, etc)
POLICE were battered with beer bottles and cans as they desperately tried to save a dying man at the height of the G20 riots in London last night.

cops struggled through the crowd to reach him, they were pelted with missiles

Officers gave the man mouth-to-mouth before paramedics tried in vain to save him

I told the police and they tried to reach him — but were being forced back by the protesters.There were bottles and missiles raining down on them

I hope everyone going out there today can stay safe and unhurt. Remember, they can crack your skulls, but that can't crack your spirit!!

Stay defiant, and stay strong, and stay safe. You have the love of every decent human being on the planet behind you. (take helmets)

harassment continues with loads of cops doing s&s off anyone leaving/entering the earl street premises this morning. these fuckers make me fucking angry.

If the police hadn't been imprisoning the man there with their dubious interpretation of the law, the man probably wouldn't have been there in the first place - or at the very least, he could have got medical attention quicker.

In response to the death of a protestor during the demonstrations against the G20 in the City of London on the 1st April 2009, a solidarity demonstration will assemble at Bank at 1pm.

The aim of the assembly is to:

* mark the death of the protestor,
* call for an independent police inquiry
* show solidarity against the enormous police repression that happened against protestors outside the Bank, the Climate Exchange and elsewhere in the City of London.

Any witnesses to this event or any other act of police violence against demonstrators is advised to write a full statement as soon as they possibly can, sign and date it, and give a copy it to a trusted other party. These statements should be given to Bindmans Solicitors (contactable on 020 7833 4433) and the Legal Monitoring groups present at the demonstrations. Information can also be sent to Indymedia London:

http://london.indymedia.org.uk/articles/986

The report I've seen on Reuters is that a man collapsed. There is no indication of any police involvement. No need to shout 'fire' in a crowded theatre.

Pretty much (WARNING: Contains pictures you may find distressing, etc)
strange that there are pictures orf a dying man printed, but none of the afore mentioned bottles being thrown

and where the fuck does the scum get the line "he was kncked to the ground by protestors" geez :mad: everyone else is reporting that he collapsed

In response to the death of a protestor during the demonstrations against the G20 in the City of London on the 1st April 2009, a solidarity demonstration will assemble at Bank at 1pm.

The aim of the assembly is to:

* mark the death of the protestor,
* call for an independent police inquiry
* show solidarity against the enormous police repression that happened against protestors outside the Bank, the Climate Exchange and elsewhere in the City of London.

Any witnesses to this event or any other act of police violence against demonstrators is advised to write a full statement as soon as they possibly can, sign and date it, and give a copy it to a trusted other party. These statements should be given to Bindmans Solicitors (contactable on 020 7833 4433) and the Legal Monitoring groups present at the demonstrations. Information can also be sent to Indymedia London: imc-london@indymedia.org (this is a private email address).

http://london.indymedia.org.uk/articles/986

and where the fuck does the scum get the line "he was kncked to the ground by protestors" geez :mad: everyone else is reporting that he collapsed

It doesn't, it uses the more vague phrase "was knocked to the floor amid the mob", but within a context that leaves the reader in no doubt that this was the fault of 'the mob' and not the police.

Nice to see unbiased press reports in the papers this morning.
Protest in this country is dead until the press comes on side. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom