Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Weds 1st April: G20 protests - discussion, reaction and chat

there are photos purporting to be of the dead man online, both of him lying on the ground being treated, and being put into the ambulance.

RIP:(

not sure if I should post the link or not?

No, it might not be the right person and if it is his family my not know

Having in the past tried and failed to get police to let someone out of a kettle because they were unwell, I personally would have doubts about any account which stated that the police immediately sprang into action upon learning that someone was in need of medical attention.

If you are concerned for people's safety you do not, as a rule, imprison them for long periods of time without food or water. You definitely don't hit them with metal bars. It shouldn't take someone's death to bring public scrutiny onto public order policing methods in this country.

Some photos:

g20_bank_protest_0023.jpg

g20_bank_protest_0098.jpg

g20_bank_protest_0087.jpg

g20_bank_protest_0104.jpg

g20_bank_protest_0112.jpg

http://www.urban75.org/photos/protest/g20-protest-city-of-london.html

hipipol more details on what happened with the poor man that died. if you don't want to post here please write it down elsewhere. any details may prove very important, you never know.
I'm sorry oif I agve the impression that I was anywhere near or with this poor person, what I mean to say was that I was trying to get closer to the first line of police, who I could see pushing people with their shields and seeming to strike down with batons, though from where I was standing, behind the OTHER line of cops, I cant be court of law sure whose head I saw hit, but I CAN be sure that the other line of police were NOT listening to entreaties at around 710/15 they were engaged in hitting people.
I am now really ashamed I didn't try to film it, had had a small prob with some other cops earlier, but another try, well you never kow, you might get away with it

And from the Climate Camp, currently under siege by bonehead cops:

g20_bank_protest_0124.jpg

g20_bank_protest_0135.jpg

g20_bank_protest_0142.jpg

g20_bank_protest_0144.jpg

g20_bank_protest_0116.jpg

You couldn't get much more fluffy if you tried. What fucking odds would it have made if they'd stayed over night?

panda_power (people and planet) 1:35am "We just left. police getting difficult. it was coming to an end sadly. police ruining peace with intimidation yet again."

panda_power (people and planet) 1:06am "All got out, vaguely injured but in one piece. Will text when more sorted."

its still not clear DC. he was around the area in front of the B of E not long after 7pm and appears to have collapsed/ fallen/ other.

so how long were they penned in at the bank of england?

By RBS we weren't moving from half 12ish 'til about 3, although I don't know what was happening on the other roads. And when I did get away it was through little side roads which were, bizarrely, still open despite everything else being blocked, including similarly small side roads.

sod it.

the photos (that the article says are) of the dead man are attached to this story.

I've posted the link in case anyone remembers seeing him at any point and may have witnessed him being hit, or being in a crush situation, or anything that could have potentially led to his death at any point through the day. Please also check your photos etc.

remember with head injuries the injury could occur minutes, hours or even days before it actually causes the person to collapse, and they can be showing no sign of any ill effects afterwards, so if an earlier head injury was to blame it could have been from any point through the day.

as per indymedia posting, Anyone with hard information should contact the legal team at Bindmans Solicitors on 020 7833 4433

if the editor feels this is inappropriate then he can obviously edit the link out, but the photos are up on the net and available via google, so it seems a bit pointless not posting it.

I'm posting this with full respect for the dead man, and hope any friends and family of him who may see this post understand my reasoning for doing so (and please accept my condolences for our loss)

RIP

fwiw i know i was saying you shouldn't post them earlier, but its a 50-50 really and i understand why you've done it.

The photos on there aren't very clear. It says on the pic: "An injured anti-G20 summit demonstrator is given cardiac massage in an ambulance following clashes near the Bank of England in London April 1, 2009." Perhaps he had a heart attack.

sod it.

the photos (that the article says are) of the dead man are attached to this story.

I've posted the link in case anyone remembers seeing him at any point and may have witnessed him being hit, or being in a crush situation, or anything that could have potentially led to his death at any point through the day. Please also check your photos etc.

remember with head injuries the injury could occur minutes, hours or even days before it actually causes the person to collapse, and they can be showing no sign of any ill effects afterwards, so if an earlier head injury was to blame it could have been from any point through the day.

as per indymedia posting, Anyone with hard information should contact the legal team at Bindmans Solicitors on 020 7833 4433

if the editor feels this is inappropriate then he can obviously edit the link out, but the photos are up on the net and available via google, so it seems a bit pointless not posting it.

I'm posting this with full respect for the dead man, and hope any friends and family of him who may see this post understand my reasoning for doing so (and please accept my condolences for our loss)

RIP

RIP. A terrible loss for the man's family and friends.

Also, the police cannot demand deletion of camera images without a court order - this comes straight from the spokesperson for the Association of Chief Police Officers.

fwiw i know i was saying you shouldn't post them earlier, but its a 50-50 really and i understand why you've done it.
IMO we're supposed to be anarchists, which to me means that when one of our own dies in unexplained circumstances at a protest where the police have been using fairly severe force, then IMO we as anarchists can't simply leave it to the police to investigate it. The least we can do is look at his picture and search our memories / photos to see if we can remember seeing him at any point to help build up a picture of what may have led to his death.

If he took a blow to the head, or was in a crush situation or anything else, then someone somewhere is surely going to remember seeing it happen, and quite possibly have a photo / video of it happening.

It says on the pic: "An injured anti-G20 summit demonstrator is given cardiac massage in an ambulance following clashes near the Bank of England in London April 1, 2009." Perhaps he had a heart attack.

It took me a while to find the rest of the series, too.

RIP whoever you were.

Back
Top Bottom