Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vegan BBQ

Depends if they're the sort of vegans who still like meat substitute (the Beyond Burger is really tasty) or not. Some have eschewed that as not properly vegan, and then I find grilled courgette and pepper kebabs to be really tasty. Mushrooms can work, but I find it hard to get consistent results on the bbq.

Edit: Yeah toasted pitas are generally best. But I have a rice cooker and just always have a bowl of the stuff on hand for everything.

Stir fry a heap of red cabbage and add choped spring onions/ ginger/ garlic. Let go cool and mix through some mango chutney.

Cheers. Good starter and looks easy. What do you do for carbs, stick it in a pitta or bun or something?
yes breads are an option, but potato salad or other salad grains .... no different to meat bbq really in that regard no?

i think most vegans would rather roasted veg than fake meat

You do need a separate BBQ so meat juices don’t mix so it may be better to serve something non BBQ’d. I would love this:

Also try bbq'd beetroot and/or cauliflower - both work excellently when they are a bit charred. (I agree with ash though, if you don't have a non-meat bbq that is separate, do all the vegan/veggie stuff in the oven or an air fryer)

Also nothing wrong with a decent vegan burger/bean burger/vegan sausage/hot dog.

Spicy potato wedges.

Cold sides are also a good way to provide variety - make sure there's some that are vegan, you can make good potato salad and coleslaw with olive-oil based dressings. Also toasted cashews/almonds/various seeds work well in a variety of rice/bulghar/couscous salad type deals.

yes breads are an option, but potato salad or other salad grains .... no different to meat bbq really in that regard no?

i think most vegans would rather roasted veg than fake meat
What do you put in the potato salad instead of mayo?

You do need a separate BBQ so meat juices don’t mix so it may be better to serve something non BBQ’d. I would love this:
Yep already sorted 2 bbq's

Reactions: ash
That looks great but alot of work

Is it okay to do veggie and vegan on the same Bbq? Will cheese spill over be unacceptable?
I don’t think cheese spits all over things like meat so I can’t see it being an issue but I’m not vegan!

Back
Top Bottom