Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'Veblen goods' - individual failings or a symptom of our general current fuckupedness?

That's exactly why they're a signal of wealth. They signal to the right people.
But lesser wealth. Maybe I'm thinking about it in a sort of mid-level salesperson stereotype where it's about being seen to have the most, rather than a signal to the really wealthy that you at least have something.

Also I've got a highly niche nerdy use case for private plates (I don't have and never have had one)

Alfa Romeos have them set off to the side, on a fitting originally designed for smaller Italian plates. UK cars have to put them on a plinth. If you buy a private plate that's sufficiently small then you can legally shrink it down and make it look marginally less silly.

alfaromeo4c.jpg

mg0197.jpg

I'm sure there's stiff competition amongst my ouevre but this is probably the least 'real Urbanz' post I've ever made.

Also I've got a highly niche nerdy use case for private plates (I don't have and never have had one)

Alfa Romeos have them set off to the side, on a fitting originally designed for smaller Italian plates. UK cars have to put them on a plinth. If you buy a private plate that's sufficiently small then you can legally shrink it down and make it look marginally less silly.

alfaromeo4c.jpg

mg0197.jpg

I'm sure there's stiff competition amongst my ouevre but this is probably the least 'real Urbanz' post I've ever made.

Not sure I'd want to shell out for that particular number plate but it takes all sorts I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom