Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

VAR and the Premier League

Seriously though, Konate was lucky. Thought Young was a bit unlucky for the second - stupid tho.
But having said that I'm sure like everyone else we want to see 22 players on the pitch at the end of the game. Sure, sometimes cards are deserved but many times it just spoils the game.

Another incident, this time with Arsenal. I don't even really know anything about it but I'm enjoying Arteta's strop.
The ball almost went out of play but didn't, the Newcastle forward almost fouled the defender but didn't, and the goalscorer was nearly offside but wasn't.

In Arteta's world the law of averages says that's 100% no goal, and anything otherwise means referees are incompetent and/or corrupt.

Arsenal have decided on a press statement somewhat akin to "following Kevin Keegan's comments on Saturday, Newcastle United as a club would love it, love it." T-shirts of support and a request to replay the game incoming, the daft fuckers.

All jokes aside... I do now hate VAR. It can't be relied on - unbelievably - to get even basic decisions right in a reliable and quick way. The pauses in the game are shit, some of the decisions are shit. It's shit. I really do wish they would get rid.

They should learn lessons from rugby. You get to see what goes to make the decision, it doesn't take too long and it actually adds to the game.

They should learn lessons from rugby. You get to see what goes to make the decision, it doesn't take too long and it actually adds to the game.
Aside from the fact that we don’t want lessons from those who have to play rugby because they aren’t good enough to play football , the decision making of VAR takes far too long and the explanation has taken far too long . Get rid .

haha have you seen rugby players - football players have to play football because they'd be broken in several places within two minutes

Hang on, what? Bare knuckle boxing is safer than with gloves?
Obviously there's various factors involved, but the basic principle on that front is that bare hands are more likely to get injured, so you don't hit as hard, and generally hit the softer bits of your opponent more than their skull.

Meanwhile, not only will you hit harder, and hit their head more, if your hand is nicely gloved up, but those gloves are also a lot fucking heavier than just a fist. All that results in brains getting absolutely canaried around your skull.

Exactly. Rugby is all the better for mic'ing up referees, and having video and audio. Cricket, tennis, they've all seem to be able to incorporate technology that not only helps the game, but makes for better viewing.

Football and VAR has just been one huge clusterfuck of dodgy decisions every week. They need to sort it out.

I think hes just phenomenally angry all the time

bipolar-im-always-angry.gif

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom