Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Uxbridge and South Ruislip by-election

Watch the lib Dems pretend they have a chance and fuck up the Labour vote letting the tories back in. Enabling cunts.

Though Labour will no doubt select some centrist marionette who has only ever had a job in a think tank. A pox on all their houses, including the second homes in Dorset.

In a lengthy resignation statement Mr Johnson said: “I did not lie, and I believe that in their hearts the committee know it.

“But they have wilfully chosen to ignore the truth because from the outset their purpose has not been to discover the truth, or genuinely to understand what was in my mind when I spoke in the Commons.

“Their purpose from the beginning has been to find me guilty, regardless of the facts. This is the very definition of a kangaroo court.”

1a2.jpg

His 'brand' gets tarnished if he gets a spanking by the electorate - this way he can cry treachery and his supporters can tell themselves he's a force that can return.

It's very Trumpian, same moral code, same result.
You're right, but hopefully his stock, such as it was, has fallen in recent years as the lies have caught up with him. One can live in hope I suppose.

Hillingdon Borough covers more than just this constituency (I'm not sure which council wards do) but looks like the lib dems aren't very strong there, and greens were in third place and LD's some way behind across the borough at last year's council elections.

And LD's a distant 3rd in the constituency in 2019.

Would imagine that the LD's will concentrate their efforts on nadine dorries' middle earth constituency and labour on uxbridge, but you never know...

I don't know where I've been for the last three hours to have missed this. Anyway it was excellent to see the lack of grace in his resignation letter! There's a little bottle of some vile East European plum brandy within easy reach, so I shall post his demise with the dregs. I can't see that long awaited honours list going through now, so Nadine won't be wearing ermine anytime soon.

IMG_20230609_225706.jpg

I don't know where I've been for the last three hours to have missed this. Anyway it was excellent to see the lack of grace in his resignation letter! There's a little bottle of some vile East European plum brandy within easy reach, so I shall post his demise with the dregs. I can't see that long awaited honours list going through now, so Nadine won't be wearing ermine anytime soon.

View attachment 378447

I think it is going through, but she wasn’t on it. She’s livid 🤣

I have just checked up on him. He's been dead for nearly a year so there's that hurdle to be cleared first.

would probably be a better constituency MP than that twat johnson, although there may be some annoying red tape preventing him standing as a candidate...

I think there would be a procedure to stop them taking the seat if they won, but dead people can still stand:

being serious, i think you're probably not allowed to be nominated if you're already dead, but not sure what the procedure is if a candidate dies after the nominations have closed and the ballot papers printed. i have a vague memory that there were one or two council seats last month where the poll or count was stopped because one of the candidates died either on election day or the day before, although the rules may be different for parliamentary elections.

being serious, i think you're probably not allowed to be nominated if you're already dead, but not sure what the procedure is if a candidate dies after the nominations have closed and the ballot papers printed. i have a vague memory that there were one or two council seats last month where the poll or count was stopped because one of the candidates died either on election day or the day before, although the rules may be different for parliamentary elections.
Happened when I lived in Hampstead & Kilburn 2015. Candidate died only a couple of days after nominations had closed.
There was just a notice on the polling place entry saying that if the deceased won there would be an immediate by-election.

A moot point when the living Labour candidate won with nearly 50%.
edit:
Found the guy. I was looking at the wrong year.

Though Labour will no doubt select some centrist marionette who has only ever had a job in a think tank. A pox on all their houses, including the second homes in Dorset.

They already selected ages ago.
Danny Beales. CV has him as a councillor (in Camden) head of policy at an AIDS charity (who took NHS England to court to force access to PREP).

Born in Hillingdon and has moved back there. So probably already spent more time in Uxbridge than Johnson ever had or will.

They certainly did one of them was Hilton where I live, one of our three sitting Tory councillors pegged it during the count apparently. The election is being rerun this Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom