Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Selby and Ainsty by-election

Oxbridge ✔️
Never had a job outside of politics (worked for the CBI and in Parliament)✔️
Never been on strike or been involved in a dispute ✔️
Fully accepts the rule and primacy of the market ✔️
Dresses like he’s 55 ✔️ IMG_6242.jpeg

I'm no fan of the Labour party, and I suspect I would disagree with this new MP on more than I agreed with him on, but I'd hope we can avoid this sort of dismissive comment from you and others.

There was similar when Mhairi Black was elected, as I recall, and it was rightly criticised then
It wasn't dismissive, He doesn't look 25 to me, looks a lot younger. I've no idea how good or bad an MP he will be though I suspect he won't get much of a chance to prove otherwise. This was a safe Tory seat so I would lay money he will probably lose it at the GE. These sort of majorities only tend to fall at by-elections when there is a lower turnout and people want to make a point.

I'm no fan of the Labour party, and I suspect I would disagree with this new MP on more than I agreed with him on, but I'd hope we can avoid this sort of dismissive comment from you and others.

There was similar when Mhairi Black was elected, as I recall, and it was rightly criticised then

And Nadia Whittome, who is an excellent MP and one of the few uncompromised left wing voices left in the PLP.

This new guy, age notwithstanding, does seem like a bit of a twat though. Just reading straight from Starmer's script. If Labour wins a GE, their new intake will all be drones like this. Like a cult of no personality.

And Nadia Whittome, who is an excellent MP and one of the few uncompromised left wing voices left in the PLP.

This new guy, age notwithstanding, does seem like a bit of a twat though. Just reading straight from Starmer's script. If Labour wins a GE, their new intake will all be drones like this. Like a cult of no personality.

I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff the geriatrics of Urban can criticise him for.

Back
Top Bottom