Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Uruguay vs France (QF) - 15:00 - 06/07/2018

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
France are my pick for overall tournament winners but Uruguay are not going to be easy.
Suarez's running mate, Edinson Cavani, scored both goals in the knockout win over Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal but is nursing a hamstring injury, and it's unclear if he will play. They are clear for suspensions and other injuries.

Impressively, France have remained injury free and without suspensions, and manager Didier Deschamps is expected to name the same starting XI that played against Argentina.
According to a few sources Cavani will not start but may be on the bench.

Will be interesting to see if Mbappe can do the business again. Also Suarez has only scored 2 so far and Uruguay are going to be depending heavily on him for goals.

France-vs-Uruguay-Live-Streaming-World-Cup-2018-Quarter-Final.png

This game looks a cracker and I'm pissed off that I might not be able to see it. My g/f has inconsiderately scheduled her birthday this weekend and we're going away.:mad:

France to win btw.

This game looks a cracker and I'm pissed off that I might not be able to see it. My g/f has inconsiderately scheduled her birthday this weekend and we're going away.:mad:

France to win btw.
My fiancee is very considerately going on her hen do this weekend, meaning I can watch all four matches at home with a takeaway :thumbs:

Uruguay to win it in extra time.

My fiancee is very considerately going on her hen do this weekend, meaning I can watch all four matches at home with a takeaway :thumbs:

That's more like it, she sounds a keeper so no wonder you're engaged. My g/f needs to up her game.

A very interesting set up to this one.

I can see Uruguay winning this. Suarez could get returns from the French defence, particularly given they conceded three to a misfiring and blunt Argentina. Cavani is obviously a big loss; after a slow start to the tournament he really looked to be on the pace in that last game.

Equally, Uruguay have a notoriously stingy defence, and despite France's goals against Argentina, they're still not a fluid unit.

Veeeeeeery interesting.

I think Uruguay have a very good chance of winning this, the bookies don't, making them 7/2 for a win in normal time :hmm: Cavani not starting is a shame and probably explains the odds for a Uruguay win.

I have not had time to think much about this game, what with the amount of time it have to spare after my mandatory 8 hours a day of hating England/

It’s noy even worth backing France at those odds until they go a goal down. And they will

Thought I favoured Uruguay. But I have decided against divey, fouly, cheaty south American teams. Go on France.

I like this Uruguay team. First two games were not concede at all costs so they'd qualify, then breezed past Russia and scored the goal of the tournament against Portugal.

Back
Top Bottom