Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Uruguay V France

RaverDrew

self-banned for a bit
R.I.P.
Personally I think Domenach's France are awful, and will struggle to get through to the knock-outs.

Post your thoughts and predictions here.

For me 2-1 to Uruguay

It was really interesting (attempting) to read the press coverage of the result of the China friendly in France - seeing that their press as equally viscious and intolerant of defeat in football was fun!

I agree with the dire team, but I reckon a 1-1 draw.

1-0 Uruguay.

Domenach appears to be a mentalist who selects his side on their star signs. Also reports that the squad is deeply divided possibly down racial lines.

Alvaro Pereira, Ignacio Gonzalez, Maximiliano Pereira, Diego Forlan, Luis Suarez

All top quality players

I saw the deciding match in the South American qualifiers between Argentina and Uruguay. It was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen.

France are a poor reflection of the excellent team of the late nineties-early noughties.

0-0 draw.

Your hear a lot about France's attack (Gourcuff, Benzema, Ribery, Henry), but what's their defence like? I don't expect anything like the 1998 vintage (best back four ever?), but good tournament teams tend to be built on the foundations of a solid defence.

Your hear a lot about France's attack (Gourcuff, Benzema, Ribery, Henry), but what's their defence like? I don't expect anything like the 1998 vintage (best back four ever?), but good tournament teams tend to be built on the foundations of a solid defence.

Evra and Gallas to name two.

France were'nt all that great in the last finals but somehow they still made the final and who knows if Zidane had'nt lost his head they mighta won it,how the fuck is Domenach still manager fuck knows :confused:

Should be interesting - I can see France being either rubbish or actually setting the game alight with some individual skill

Right, seeing as my lil' Mexicans let me down, a brace from Forlan would be handy.

Have the French stopped caring about their football team again?

Luis Suarez and Diego Forlan are as good a front pairing as any team in the World Cup.

And that's why I'm rather foolishly about to place a tenner on a 3-0 Uruguay win.

benzema isn't there.

Back
Top Bottom