Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban75 Album of the Year 2015

No list from me, but 2 that stood out for me this year:

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
Max Richter - Sleep

Also, although he did not release an album in 2015, I discovered Action Bronson this year, and hot damn, he is good.

Only one record for me - the new Breadwinners
Breadwinners-Sweat-Of-Your-Brow.jpg

If you love black ark era lee perry and you want to support independent uk roots music its a must...best uk roots album since the first Breadwinners LP ;)

Buy direct from Al Breadwinner himself! Buy The Breadwinners - By The Sweat Of Your Brow (Vinyl) at Discogs Marketplace

In a dramatic departure from my usual submissions, my list may have more than two albums on it this year. At least one of those artists isn't in their forties. This, I'm sure you'll agree, makes me cutting fucking edge. :cool:

D'Angelo album has to count as this year as it came out after the polls closed of last years

Last edited:
Firstly I need to write down all the albums I've got this year and then try and put them in order

This is going to take a while

Only one record for me - the new Breadwinners
Breadwinners-Sweat-Of-Your-Brow.jpg

If you love black ark era lee perry and you want to support independent uk roots music its a must...best uk roots album since the first Breadwinners LP ;)

Buy direct from Al Breadwinner himself! Buy The Breadwinners - By The Sweat Of Your Brow (Vinyl) at Discogs Marketplace

been listening to lee perry this morning on the way to work.

black vest
sufferers time (the version where he raps over it)
dreadlocks in moonlight

are all incredible masterpieces
so many more too.

For such a crazy chap, his music is so clear and his lyrics too.

Can only listen to the roots stuff though!

Back
Top Bottom