Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban InstaFest ‘24

danny la rouge

More like *fanny* la rouge!
Glasto may be fast approaching, but the only line ups that matter are the ones in this thread! Who is playing at your imaginary festival this year?

Here’s mine. I wonder what Hayden would make of his place in the running order?

1718530233987.png

If you’re worried about China knowing what you listen to, once you’ve had your fun go here and remove access: Login - Spotify

I don’t know how the stats work for this app, but the line up is often a surprise. I wonder what the criteria are?

It’s odd. I think that it interprets listening to a long album all the way through as a serious sign of devotion, so if one day Spotify suggests an artist and you work your way through their oeuvre in an afternoon, they end up forced to play for you at a private festival in your garden. Which I might well not attend, but I’ll look out of the window and wave.

I made a playlist using the most popular track on Spotify for each artist (not always the one I’d pick, but rules are rules) to see what my festival would sound like.

Yes, but you’ll have to endure the mud and deprivation and squalor without even any music. For a whole weekend. Unless you try and tunnel under the electrified fences.
S’ok. I can book my own performers. I don’t need a promoter who pays peanuts to do that for me.

Maybe I didn’t look closely enough, he says on LinkedIn that there is lots of new functionality this time round, eg you can curate the line-up and remove embarrassing acts. Which for me would eliminate the whole point.
Ah, I missed that too! Yeah, if I could curate the lineup I’d just make a poster of my favourite acts. That’s not really in the spirit, is it?

I've gone deep underground this year - a trio of avant garde artists You Won't Have Heard Of, playing 4 hour extended sets. Friday night and Saturday will be given over entirely to compulsory reeducation, psychotropic skydiving, latrine pit-digging and beatboxing workshops under the tutelage of cattle prod-wielding invigilators.

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 12.23.56.png

Back
Top Bottom