Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Digital DJ’s of urban…

That thing is exactly what I want, but not at that price.

I wonder if we'll ever get a cheaper one.

My requirements:

2 channels with level meters. USB slot. Built in soundcard. Screen. Well under £1000.

I don't need FX, hot cues, mic input etc, but most of them seem to have these.

I wonder if there's a DIY option here? I don't think I have the skills, but it's tempting to try.

This looks interesting: Shantea Controls &#8226 Easy Way To Build MIDI controllers

Numark Mixstream Pro?

Denon Engine ecosystem rather than Pioneer Rekordbox, but a decent bit of kit by all accounts

I’ve found it’s the resistance level of the jogs that’s important, more so than the size…
100 percentits very much about the feel

the ones on the DJ2GO are a bit tiddly tbf, but the size of a mug is plenty...CDJS are a bit ridiculous IMO, though I do quite like the idea of the 12 inch ones!

can anyone help me here. im sure ive seen it where you can hit the loop button, say even on a short loop like a 1/2 or 1/4, whatever, and then when you take the loop off the tune carries on playing where it wouldve got to had you not hit loop, rather than jsut releasing after the loop... if that makes sense
any idea how you do that?

can anyone help me here. im sure ive seen it where you can hit the loop button, say even on a short loop like a 1/2 or 1/4, whatever, and then when you take the loop off the tune carries on playing where it wouldve got to had you not hit loop, rather than jsut releasing after the loop... if that makes sense

It's called slip mode. Depending on the decks you're using there is often a toggle/switch to activate it.

Learn more about Slip-Mode - Pioneer DJ - Global.

I'm getting and more interested in the Mixstream Pro. I don't like having a laptop stuck on a stand in front of my face or the faff of having an additional device which can fail/not connect/whatever, and I'm liking the fact it can take an SD card plus two USB sticks, with streaming as a back up.

It's got exactly the same software as the more expensive Denon Prime Go, and given the fact that two of the venues I play at seem to have monitors that are either broken or knackered, I've unexpectedly warmed to the idea of the built in speakers.

Amazing value at £625 too.

The Numark Mixstream definitely does that (I sat through a shit load of videos last night!). I think it's mentioned in this one:

I'm getting and more interested in the Mixstream Pro. I don't like having a laptop stuck on a stand in front of my face or the faff of having an additional device which can fail/not connect/whatever, and I'm liking the fact it can take an SD card plus two USB sticks, with streaming as a back up.

It's got exactly the same software as the more expensive Denon Prime Go, and given the fact that two of the venues I play at seem to have monitors that are either broken or knackered, I've unexpectedly warmed to the idea of the built in speakers.

It looks nifty, though not having a laptop and a keyboard these days for searching tracks and playlists will take some getting used to.

looks great and the two USB stick option is really missing from the Denon, if the build quality is okay that looks like a great buy. Totally agree Laptops are a pain for various reasons, but I need that display, curious to give this a try

looks great and the two USB stick option is really missing from the Denon, if the build quality is okay that looks like a great buy. Totally agree Laptops are a pain for various reasons, but I need that display, curious to give this a try
I really like the idea of keeping a fully stocked SD card permanently in the machine as a back up too. Heck, I might even take out a Tidal subscription for emergency downloads.

There's a touchscreen with a on-screen keyboard for searching tracks/playlists.

That's useful. Hopefully it'll be responsive enough to replace the full laptop experience. I'll reserve judgement until I've looked at one properly of course but I totally get the usefulness of having a self contained thing.

I might even take out a Tidal subscription for emergency downloads.

I vowed never to take out a subscription with Tidal after watching that cringe signing ceremony all those years ago. However, unlike Spotify, Apple, & Deezer, Tidal do actually seem to be more forward thinking and actually engage with digital DJ platforms.

When I got my Pioneer DDJ, I looked at the options and the only drawback with Tidal was that they didn't allow offline storage of tracks so it wasn't useful if you happened to be DJing in a venue with poor wifi. It was live streamed or nothing. I eventually went with Beatsource Pro as the emergency backup, but the library is more geared to dance music. I'd definitely check which service allows what and then decide based on their libraries. I'd imagine Amazon Music Unlimited should have a fairly extensive/mainstream library too.

I vowed never to take out a subscription with Tidal after watching that cringe signing ceremony all those years ago. However, unlike Spotify, Apple, & Deezer, Tidal do actually seem to be more forward thinking and actually engage with digital DJ platforms.

When I got my Pioneer DDJ, I looked at the options and the only drawback with Tidal was that they didn't allow offline storage of tracks so it wasn't useful if you happened to be DJing in a venue with poor wifi. It was live streamed or nothing. I eventually went with Beatsource Pro as the emergency backup, but the library is more geared to dance music. I'd definitely check which service allows what and then decide based on their libraries. I'd imagine Amazon Music Unlimited should have a fairly extensive/mainstream library too.
You can only download streamed songs over wifi while you're DJingv rather than fill up a USB stick for later use. At least you get confirmation that the song has downloaded, but I'd never risk a whole set over wifi.

Couple of things - those built in speakers will be useless for playing in a venue, they just won’t be loud enough.

Also, Tidal for DJ’s just got a lot more expensive, check their site.

Couple of things - those built in speakers will be useless for playing in a venue, they just won’t be loud enough.
I don't think anyone actually thought that for a second - the unit comes with XLR and phono outputs, but the speakers are - according to the reviews - good enough to be used as monitors in smaller venues (or for bedroom DJs to practice),

If I buy this thing that feature will come in handy at the Albert where there is no monitor at all and it's hard to hear what's being played in that stupid DJ box.

You don't really need monitors unless you're beat mixing, even then you can do it your headphones if you need to
I disagree strongly. In some venues the speakers can be some distance away and pointing away from you so it can be hard to feel the 'vibe,' regardless of whether you're beat matching or not.
I always try to sort out a monitor wherever I play.

Back
Top Bottom