Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Digital DJ’s of urban…

Grimes fucking up her USB stick is the least of that festivals problems, I’d be more pissed off about the fact you can’t walk around the site with a beer.

Grimes fucking up her USB stick is the least of that festivals problems, I’d be more pissed off about the fact you can’t walk around the site with a beer.
I remember I was at Boomtown in one of the beer tents and there was a DJ playing. He was picking up a modest crowd when his phone ringtone blared out through the speakers. People nodded their heads in disgust and left. If you're going to fake it, at least make an effort and put your phone in flight mode!

I remember I was at Boomtown in one of the beer tents and there was a DJ playing. He was picking up a modest crowd when his phone ringtone blared out through the speakers. People nodded their heads in disgust and left. If you're going to fake it, at least make an effort and put your phone in flight mode!

Still, it was the perfect opportunity to go:

1713190870927.jpeg

Apparently you can now but it still looks like a terrible experience. $499 seems like a total swizz too. And that's the first release price!

Also, who's idea was it to book Blur? Nobody was into it. Nobody was into it 30 years ago (except briefly for 'Song 2') in America. And their setlist only had like 4 actual hits. Terrible.

Well that might go some way to making it a slightly less hellish experience, although the videos of security searching for drugs in the valve caps on punters tyres suggest they are still keen to suck all possible joy out of their festival experience.

Well that might go some way to making it a slightly less hellish experience, although the videos of security searching for drugs in the valve caps on punters tyres suggest they are still keen to suck all possible joy out of their festival experience.
It looks absolutely awful, as do most festivals hosting 'celeb' DJ sets.

C’mon ska, don’t fuck about, just say what you mean, eh?
it all makes sense now why its £2200 for a fucking CDJ
and why their crappy Rekordbox is now rent-ware etc etc- because they;re bought out by hedgefunds and other corporate vultures... i hope every one of these "investors" choke on their money and die in pain screaming to jehova for mercy on their death beds
:)

it all makes sense now why its £2200 for a fucking CDJ
and why their crappy Rekordbox is now rent-ware etc etc- because they;re bought out by hedgefunds and other corporate vultures... i hope every one of these "investors" choke on their money and die in pain screaming to jehova for mercy on their death beds
:)
Righteous, bro ✊

Righteous, bro ✊
i really hate rip off merchants
and right at the point when tech shouldn't be a barrier to entry to DJing no one can afford an industry pair of CDJs and a Mixer - £7k right there - and as the video points out the Denon is half the price and a better product and is itself overpriced- if Pioneer collapses I will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh :D
Hopefully a revolution over the next few years in all this

I'm currently using an ancient imac and audcity to record mixes via a mic-input on the mac.

i've a chance to upgrade my mac to a more recent and better model but just noticed that it doesn't have a mic /audio input.

my question is, can i buy a usb audio interface and will it work?

my question is, can i buy a usb audio interface and will it work?
yes! I dont use macs so god knows if they've created some expensive barrier to make that happen but yeah should be straight forward usb plug and play

Focusrite Scarlett are very common relatively affordable and good quality, though they tend to have jack and xlr inputs...more for recording instruments/microphones I would say

Ive got an old a 20 year old MAYA44 soundcard that has only phono/rga ins which is more practical for recording from a mixer I find
new model of it there in the link is £80
my one has had 20 years of use and is still going strong so based on that can recommend

that says compatible with macs and can be useful for other dj software

Last edited:
oh heres a cheaper version with just two phono inputs (and some other bits and pieces)
£60 new
thats plenty unless you want to use it for some conjunction with two deck DJ software where each deck needs an input

I got this recently and have been mightily impressed - I've found the Engine OS miles easier to set up and go - no laptop needed - and I'm glad a friend convinced me to buy the battery version.

As it's also got built in speakers, I can just pull it out of the bag and get mixing/practicing without plugging anything in - something that really is convenient. The speakers are surprisingly loud and definitely good enough when you find yourself in a DJ booth with no monitors (I'm looking at you, the Albert).

Back
Top Bottom