Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

InstaFest: a festival based on your Spotify (show me yours).

I haven't got Spotify, but with a need for distraction today I'm going to do it myself using the algorithm of gut feeling and guesswork :D
I've also not got Spotify, or any of the other things you need to use that thing, but my phone's mp3 player does keep track of my most played. Which still isn't a perfect record - apart from anything else, I think my music taste for listening to music on my computer in my bedroom is a bit noisier than my music taste for walking around listening to headphones. Anyway, my headliners would be:
Beach House, Lana Del Rey, jeanines
I had no idea I listened to jeanines that much, but they are very good. Not sure how LDR is going to feel about turning up to hitmousefest and learning that the contract places strict stipulations on the amount of music from the last five years or so she's allowed to play. Other than than that, looks like The Hold Steady, Porridge Radio, The Mountain Goats, Waxahatchee, Xiu Xiu, elvis depressedly, Rudimentary Peni, Raveonettes (another suprise entry there), Cults, Lifter Puller, Rancid, Run the Jewels, Pins, Protomartyr, the Fall, and the World/Inferno Friendship Society would be the big names.

Im going hard on Dylan recently, norm do this a few months a year and then leave him alone again. I also do this with UB40 as well at some point lol, not even sure why but love about ten of their songs, even some of the cheesy ones. I love my commute so I can gaze out the window and listen to music.

I can’t work out how to do this without logging into Spotify and mine is a borrowed account from someone who lives 200 miles away so don’t want to tempt fate too much and lose my account

1696341617853.png

Not sure how the Decemberists got so high - been listening to one song by them a couple of time - and i have no idea who some of these people are (dan bull? nivk mulvery?) but still - think id go to this festival. hmm - Noticed that Lou Reed is doing a solo set and then presumably playing with the velvets later on the same day.

Last edited:
is there a last fm version?
not that it would be recent but it has a decent although dated record of my listening habits
e2a: there is
now to remember the login...

e2a2: need to reset password as it has been this long... major endeavour in progress...

didnt realise you could change the time frames - so did my "all time" one. Fuck knows how the Strawbs ended up on there, but thankfully Etta James looks to be on the other stage at the same time. Absence of motown and roots reggae is slightly mystifying seeing as they get played a fair bit at chez kak - but still a pretty stong line up i feel.

1696584081425.png

Last edited:
we should nominate whose festival you want to go to - (excluding your own obvs) - I think i might try and get tickets for Andysays festival. Although I might leave early on the last night as Im not arsed about Steely Dan and Id hopefully avoid the traffic jam .

we should nominate whose festival you want to go to - (excluding your own obvs) - I think i might try and get tickets for Andysays festival. Although I might leave early on the last night as Im not arsed about Steely Dan and Id hopefully avoid the traffic jam .
Both of mine look brand new. Although I’m not sure I’d sit through the Beatles and the Stones. Maybe there’s a comedy tent.

Back
Top Bottom