Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

InstaFest: a festival based on your Spotify (show me yours).

I haven't got Spotify, but with a need for distraction today I'm going to do it myself using the algorithm of gut feeling and guesswork :D
Remember to surprise yourself a couple of times. I had no idea how often I listened to certain artists, and some I’d have thought would be on the list weren’t.

Remember to surprise yourself a couple of times. I had no idea how often I listened to certain artists, and some I’d have thought would be on the list weren’t.
I can't tell how often I've listened to what I listen to. Not least because my MP3 player has this minute just died.

I've run out of impetus. But I got as far as the last few acts on each night (headliners listed first)

Friday - Bloc Party, The Cure, Radiohead, The Killers, Dinosaur Jr
Saturday - The Clash, Blur, Lee Scratch Perry
Sunday - Underworld, Supercar, Pet Shop Boys, New Order

There'll be some incredulous looks here among the audience- when Prydz gives way to the Beach Boys, ZZ Top give way to Robert Miles (maybe 20 years ago- RIP Robert), Black Sabbath warming up for Moby- Porcelain era.
Then there's Concierto de Aranjuez, Vivaldi's Four Seasons alongside Fatboy Slim, Wet Leg, Eric Prydz.

It's all the music I listen to in the car.

View attachment 392797

John Coltrane having a busy Andyfest, playing with Miles Davis and his own Quartet on the first day, then coming back for a solo spot on the final day.

Also noticed that John McGeoch and Barry Adamson will have to hang around after playing with Magazine on Sunday so they can play with the Banshees and the Bad Seeds respectively on Tuesday, Wayne Shorter can guest with Steely Dan to play his solo on Aja, and Budgie will be playing with both the Slits and the Banshees on Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom