Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

Shit. When the tickets were released I didn't fancy it. Really do now.
Although, having been out last night I doubt I'd enjoy it much :(

Please report back though!

It was great!

Highlights were DJ Bone, Dave Clarke and Robert Hood - all totally smashed it.

My second trip to Printworks - the main room is great - reminds me of Walthamstow Market :D - seems about the same length.

The sound in the second room was poor last time and poor again yesterday. Skee Mask was in that room which was a shame - I gave him 20 minutes and gave up....

Love the time slot - was there 3 till 10:30 - home in bed, in Sussex, by 12:30. Perfect for the older bastard :D.

I also experimented with a new approach to going out - rather than caning 10 beers I thought I'd give having NO beers a go. It was brilliant - a revelation :cool:.

I'll be back for sure!

It was great!

Highlights were DJ Bone, Dave Clarke and Robert Hood - all totally smashed it.

My second trip to Printworks - the main room is great - reminds me of Walthamstow Market :D - seems about the same length.

The sound in the second room was poor last time and poor again yesterday. Skee Mask was in that room which was a shame - I gave him 20 minutes and gave up....

Love the time slot - was there 3 till 10:30 - home in bed, in Sussex, by 12:30. Perfect for the older bastard :D.

I also experimented with a new approach to going out - rather than caning 10 beers I thought I'd give having NO beers a go. It was brilliant - a revelation :cool:.

I'll be back for sure!
Excellent :thumbs:

braindancer that sounds amazing, particularly the timing :D :thumbs: Fellow old bastard who loves dancing here, is this sort of Sunday afternoon thing a regular occurrence? Cos it would be perfect for me.

braindancer that sounds amazing, particularly the timing :D :thumbs: Fellow old bastard who loves dancing here, is this sort of Sunday afternoon thing a regular occurrence? Cos it would be perfect for me.

Yeah - I don't think they have a late licence - so all their do's are midday till 11.

I like the look of this at Tobacco Dock in April - another afternoon / evening jobby: RE-TEXTURED — British Murder Boys (Live), Helena Hauff, Karenn (Live) & More

Actress [Live AV]
Atari Teenage Riot (live)
Avalon Emerson
Baby T
Ben UFO
British Murder Boys (live)
Clark (live)
Donato Dozzy (live)
Emptyset [Live AV]
Helena Hauff
Karenn (live)
Krankbrother
Paula Temple B2B SNTS
Rebekah [Hybrid]
Silvia Kastel
Sybil

Yeah - I don't think they have a late licence - so all their do's are midday till 11.

I like the look of this at Tobacco Dock in April - another afternoon / evening jobby: RE-TEXTURED — British Murder Boys (Live), Helena Hauff, Karenn (Live) & More

Actress [Live AV]
Atari Teenage Riot (live)
Avalon Emerson
Baby T
Ben UFO
British Murder Boys (live)
Clark (live)
Donato Dozzy (live)
Emptyset [Live AV]
Helena Hauff
Karenn (live)
Krankbrother
Paula Temple B2B SNTS
Rebekah [Hybrid]
Silvia Kastel
Sybil

I just came to post that. I'm tempted, that's a hell of a line up.

And I can probably get on board with the daytime thing these days...

yes, loads going on at once - can't decide between ALFOS and Surgeon. Also want to see Orbital for old times sake. Got mates speaking at the conference thing too, but at least they're early doors
Or:la, Surgeon, DIE, Kosh, Young Marco :thumbs:

ALFOs v Surgeon- Very difficult. I would never miss Surgeon if I could help it, but currently ALFOS- surely a must hear?, BUT RAMMED???

ALFOs v Surgeon- Very difficult. I would never miss Surgeon if I could help it, but currently ALFOS- surely a must hear?, BUT RAMMED???
aye, think it's in a tiny venue too. But I never went to an ALFOS and I've seen Surgeon loads.

aye, think it's in a tiny venue too. But I never went to an ALFOS and I've seen Surgeon loads.

Exactly- it'd do my head in- great techno & bass at 130 ish BPM in a decent sized venue versus -120 chuggers really nicely mixed in a tiny place. Probably best to think of it as a win-win whatever you choose.

Exactly- it'd do my head in- great techno & bass at 130 ish BPM in a decent sized venue versus -120 chuggers really nicely mixed in a tiny place. Probably best to think of it as a win-win whatever you choose.
Aye, got a yearning to revisit the Warehouse mind - I first went there in 1990ish when Bleep was at its height.

not even heard of Or:La or Kosh. :oops:
Or:la

Kosh

are you going?
Nope. They binned us off this year (we've played at the previous two) so I'm boycotting them out of spite :D :facepalm:

I would have went if the line up was better, but tbh, it's quite disappointing to me. First year was best, seems to be going downhill. Orbital are a meh booking IMO.

Check out the first year compared to this:

1583533356122.png

Of course if it was free I would be there, too. I'll be at the ICE vs LIF cube thing that comes after this. Apparently the booking is mega. Ralph wanted them as headliner for ICE but they weren't available.

See you there??

I didn't go to the first two cos it clashed with Freerotation. I don't know what the ICE vs LIF cube thing is?

Back
Top Bottom