Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine

if you are storing near three mil of weaponry in a fucking salt mine then surely a good chunk of it will be inoperable without the aid of a gunsmith and his toolshop. Salt is corrosive. Badly so. I'm not even on about how dated the gear would be, a webley is old but if a bullet comes out of the end of it, at speed, it works. But a salt mine? surely the vast majority of that equipment is going to be beyond fucked, scrap value fucked.

Most stored weaponry isn't kept in racks as in an armoury, it's crated and the individual weapons are coated with a greasy wax-type substance (naptha is quite good for removing it, but mind your fag!), so corrosion isn't usually an issue, and as the weapon isn't exposed to any mechanical strain in storage, there's not much chance of metal fatigue either. Firearms should be as solid and useful as the day they got their proof marks.
What's more likely to suffer from storage (even relatively short storage) is modern ammo, as modern smokeless powders are ever-so-slightly hygroscopic, which is why some of your American gun spods store their ammo in "environmentally-controlled" conditions.

I repeat - CR posted stuff from a satire piss take site as real. I asked him what languages he spoke for a reason.

All this confidently stated stuff that people let by on the nod - what do you think of sourcing now?

Yeah that's what I was thinking - be rusted/oxidised to fuck.

Only if you stored them very badly in an extremely inhospitable environment, which a salt mine isn't (as an aside, the British Museum and other national museums stored paintings and other valuables in cheshire mines during WW2).

I am sure everyone saw that the Kharkiv mayor Gennady Kernes was shot. That is the weird guy that has loads of pictures of himself working out.

Also, apparently some violence has spread to Kyiv. It is impossible to tell what has happened though, a minibus was shot.

last night the putschists were knocking seven shades of shite out of each other during a memorial demonstration for the dead protestors on the maidan,

http://rt.com/news/155748-rally-kiev-massive-fight/

meanwhile the junta has admitted theyve basically lost control of the east . Heres a perspective of whats going on the ground from a pro Kiev perspective, and theyve basically lost it . Federalists and seperatists going from strength to strength regardless of the tanks being sent in . Cops not wanting to know, junta unable to trust even its own highest security officials .

http://time.com/81475/ukrainian-policemen-stand-by-as-pro-russian-separatists-seize-control/

Turchinov is now wailing about treason in the highest echelons of his security forces, like a demented Mussolini in his final days .

https://www.kyivpost.com/content/uk...cement-personnel-in-ukraines-east-345608.html

furiously reshuffling , sacking his security heads . And now admitting that armed force against protestors is useless, which begs the question why did he send the tanks in in the first place . And why they were making threats about the ground burning under protestors feet .

as we know from the experience of Maidan, the use of force is inefficient. That’s the situation we faced in the eastern regions.”

At the same time hes calling for local loyalists to hurry up and form their own militias .

“We must have the capability to move those units fast to support other regions against such a threat,

but whats the point of that when your admitting force is inefficient ?

clueless, headless chickens

http://rt.com/news/155856-ukraine-alert-president-army/

So, pro kiev factions fighting among each other on the maidan . State forces either refusing to carry out orders or outright working on behalf of the anti junta factions . The junta seemingly pinning its hopes now upon half arsed militias that arent even trained or equipped yet to somehow save their bacon in the east . And anti junta forces going from strength to strength, seemingly emboldened by the scale of the forces who were sent to crush them , taking more towns , more administrations, police hqs, tv stations .

Like I said earlier I think the clock is ticking for these bozos . Theyve lost it as far as I can see .

Last edited:
how long before the junta starts turning on each other as they seek to apportion blame for the disaster theyve brought to Ukraine ? not that long I reckon

theyre losing, and their line about this all being a russian plot is a bit hard to spin when its grannies and housewives taking over tv stations .

It's interesting that there was that offer of an amnesty etc. and seemingly little action when it was ignored.
Every news source is very biased anyway but now it's gone so quiet I'm finding it hard to even guess at what is going on.

Just a small thing on the Beeb website saying Kiev have stated their current strategy is 'containment' of the unrest.

They're doing this to give the impression that the Russians are about to invade any minute.

They can't seem to rely on the army to carry out their orders though - maybe some generals have had enough of a regime backed by nazis, the CIA and the IMF but not the majority of the population.

They can't seem to rely on the army to carry out their orders though - maybe some generals have had enough of a regime backed by nazis, the CIA and the IMF but not the majority of the population.

Yeah, they've admitted that the army often colludes with or joins the separatists. They've said in the same breath that the army is on 'full alert' in Kiev.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27222023

"The Beeb" said:
Ukraine's acting President Olexander Turchynov has admitted his forces are "helpless" to quell unrest driven by pro-Russian activists in the eastern regions of Donetsk and Luhansk.
Mr Turchynov said the goal was now to prevent the unrest spreading.
Activists have seized scores of government buildings and taken hostages including international monitors.
Mr Turchynov also said Ukraine was on "full combat alert", amid fears Russian troops could invade.

Yeah, they've admitted that the army often colludes with or joins the separatists. They've said in the same breath that the army is on 'full alert' in Kiev.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27222023

There might be quite a bit more 'collusion' going on between the federalists and the army in Kiev tonight. Speculation of course, but not outside the realms of possibility, and if I was part of the junta I would be asking the CIA for flights out of Ukraine.

I'm confused - I thought the fascists in the Kiev government was in control of the army and that was how we knew it had turned fascist?

Must say I'm relieved to learn that's not the case.

Kiev is now denying there will be military drills in the city tonight. Wonder why that is? Maybe they don't trust the army not to have a counter coup.
(This new denial has come from the defence ministry while the original came from the mayors office)

http://rt.com/news/155908-ukraine-drills-kiev-military/

I'm sure Russia is straining every sinew to encourage defection of (or among) Ukraine's armed forces.

At the very least, it can sow doubt in Kiev about their loyalty.

I'm equally sure we should read anything put out by RT as part of that effort.

I'm sure Russia is straining every sinew to encourage defection of (or among) Ukraine's armed forces.

At the very least, it can sow doubt in Kiev about their loyalty.

I'm equally sure we should read anything put out by RT as part of that effort.

Except both reports came from Kiev, one from the mayors office and the other from the defence ministry.

Except both reports came from Kiev, one from the mayors office and the other from the defence ministry.
GCnRIC4.jpg

I'm confused - I thought the fascists in the Kiev government was in control of the army and that was how we knew it had turned fascist?
Andriy Parubiy (Social Nationalist Party/ Svoboda) was apoointed commander of the National Defence and Security Council of Ukraine. DymitroYarosh (Right Sector) was apponited his second in command of the National Defence and Security Council of Ukraine.
Appointed being the optimum word here seeing as that "command" seems to have effect.
Hope that clears up some of your confusion ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom