Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine

These russkies moved into the former soviet republics. Most aren't even natives. They cannot go around looking to Mother Russia and crying discrimination. Someone needs to put a foot down and say, tough shit. You are in Latvia, Estonia or whatever and you ain't taking any of our territories away from us.

What? They moved there to work in the new factories. .

Latvia was home to numerous factories with goal to maintain and fix the Soviet war equipment, vehicles and aircraft. Even the Latvian civil factories were subjected to assist the Soviet industrial military complex, large part of their production were allocated to military needs. Cekule, Garkalne, Inčukalns, Mangaļsala were Soviet arms depots filled with mines, reactive weapons and ordinary equipment just in case of war. Airfields were many locations: Liepāja, Tukums, Vaiņode, Jelgava, Lielvārde, Jēkabpils and other places. Strategical rockets were placed in many places notably Zeltiņi near Alūksne. With such large concentration of the Soviet forces in case of the nuclear strike Latvia would be wiped from the face of the earth.

Soviets took away large plots of land from the local farmers to build their bases. Many spaces were polluted. The infamous Zvārde firing ground was for years used for the Soviet aviation tests. Even today the areas around Zvārde are dangerous because of the blind shells hidden in the ground. At the Tukums Airfield nuclear weapons were placed and kept until the fall of the Soviet Union. Also the pollution from the chemical weapons are present at some places.

http://latvianhistory.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/latvia-soviet-war-base-1944-1994/

What term would you prefer for ethnic Russians living in Latvia who haven't taken Latvian citizenship?

I don't know why we are even bothering with Russians, let's just skip to 'you people'.

We've gone from Russian collective guilt to the idea of Russians having some kind of borg hivemind

AntiRussianPoster.jpg

"I'm sure when the ethnic Russians living outside of Russia and the Russian government can make that distinction then we will all be a lot happier."

"I'm sure when the Jews..." "I'm sure when the blacks..." "I'm sure when the gays..."

"I'm sure when the ethnic Russians living outside of Russia and the Russian government can make that distinction then we will all be a lot happier."

"I'm sure when the Jews..." "I'm sure when the blacks..." "I'm sure when the gays..."

I don't think Polari has been recognised as an official language anywhere in the world yet, has it?

Wow, I didn't realise how many Latvians are mother tongue Russian speakers - 1/3rd! That is a huge number of people to discriminate against.

They're as bad as those Magyars living in Romania, or those Turks in Bulgaria. A fifth column, if they dont like it they can go back to where they came from, they're not indigenous etc etc etc :facepalm:

Is Magyar an official language of Romania, then? Or Turkish an official language of Bulgaria?

actually, in some places, yes.

doesn't mean they don't get discriminated against, in housing, employment, etc.

Christ. Imagine being those poor sods of Ukrainian soldiers expected to get shot up in order to give the Kiev regime and the western press an excuse to run around screaming in outrage. We need a sacrifice.

I don't get it - I would have thought the Western lot would be pushing Ukraine to stand down in Crimea and just try to reinforce the remaining Ukrainian border.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, the Ukrainian government clearly should have hooked those soldiers out a while ago. At the moment they're in a perilous situation.

Yes Latvian Estonian and as myself from Lithuania we should think how to run country, I have no interest in Lithuania for the moment country run by celebrities rich business people, media are Schwarzenegger culture is crap is going on my nerves. Sick of listening horrors of Russian past and ah always reminding us about Stalins era.

Back
Top Bottom