Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine

for anyone who's still interested in playing spot the Russian amongst all the err... self defence auxillaries in the Crimea, someone on twitter (who's obviously never touched a woman in his life..), has matched up the few number plates in evidence to several Russian units - 76th Guards Airborne Division and 22nd Guards Spetznaz Brigade, both of the Southern Military District. he used photo's from Crimea and cross-referenced them with photos taken of Russian units on exercise in the last few years.

someone else noticed that many of the other self defence auxillaries seemed to have taken on the custom of Russian Naval Infantry of wearing a blue and white striped t-shirt under their combats.. honestly, some of the coincidences you see in life. :thumbs:
Yep and the fact that these hastily gather defence auxiliaries all seem to have managed to get hold of the most up to date versions of the Kalashnikov (100 series) normally only issued to the better frontline troops of the Russian military (the rest being issued with older AK74s). I have to admire their dedication to achieve so much in such a short time.

Doesn't look like a silencer, looks like a muzzle brake.
Hard to tell, but there are a lot of short suppressors being fitted to large bore rifles both for sniping, hunting and range work.

I did a firearms course in France last year firing from 9 mm up to .338 Lapua magnum and all were fitted with suppressors due to the demands of the local laws. Keeping it as quiet as possible for the neighbours.

So muzzle brake or suppressor, it says nothing about the situation, basically meaningless.

It will mean the United states missiles yet again right on Russias border, the noose around Russias neck being tightened . The United States went to the brink of nuclear war over Russian missiles stationed in Cuba, naval blockades and all sorts . Russias being quite restrained in comparison .
What missiles does the US have on Russias borders now though?

Russia on the other hand doesn't seem adverse to siting Iskandars on borders to NATO in Kaliningrad!

RosyFuture you could at least show the civility which you demand from others and answer me. :mad:

h03F46A35

(not you, obvs...)

Hard to tell, but there are a lot of short suppressors being fitted to large bore rifles both for sniping, hunting and range work.

I did a firearms course in France last year firing from 9 mm up to .338 Lapua magnum and all were fitted with suppressors due to the demands of the local laws. Keeping it as quiet as possible for the neighbours.

So muzzle brake or suppressor, it says nothing about the situation, basically meaningless.

yeah, because having a military grade rifle with a suppresor or muzzle brake in a situation where protestors and police are being clipped all over the place is little different to having one on a firing range or hunting trip . Indeed its quite likely a deer with massive antlers was spotted just up the street and the chance was to good to pass up. It only got way because the conspiracy prone crowd thought the cars occupants were well iffy and stopped them and demanded the car be searched.

Lucky for that deer, or maybe a badger.

yeah, because having a military grade rifle with a suppresor or muzzle brake in a situation where protestors and police are being clipped all over the place is little different to having one on a firing range or hunting trip . Indeed its quite likely a deer with massive antlers was spotted just up the street and the chance was to good to pass up. It only got way because the conspiracy prone crowd thought the cars occupants were well iffy and stopped them and demanded the car be searched.

Lucky for that deer, or maybe a badger.
Still says absolutely nothing about the situation other than, rifle of unclear type or source found in back of car allegedly belonging to a certain individual, may or may not have been fitted with a suppressor. Or are you party to more evidence that I haven't as yet seen?

How much is RT paying it's internet warriors these days btw?

What missiles does the US have on Russias borders now though?

Russia on the other hand doesn't seem adverse to siting Iskandars on borders to NATO in Kaliningrad!

the usa is surrounding Russia with a missile defence sheild, tipping MAD into a possible first strike option . It was in response to those missiles Russia put its gear in Kaliningrad. The USA has plenty of tactical nukes in Europe and has done for a long time . Theyre not aiming them at ducks .

I think Spineless, emany, Greebo, & CR are bullies, troubled, & unable to be civil with peeps whose opinion they may disagree with.

A forum, if it is to be healthy, does not need to be convivial but it has to be civil. Otherwise it is abusive, &, unfortunately, that is what this thread has become.

Through acts of commission & omission this thread has degenerated. That may suit some, but not me.

Enlightening discussion can not take place in an atmosphere where some are abusive & irrational. I defer to their ignorance.

You're new here, aren't you? :)

the usa is surrounding Russia with a missile defence sheild, tipping MAD into a possible first strike option . It was in response to those missiles Russia put its gear in Kaliningrad. The USA has plenty of tactical nukes in Europe and has done for a long time . Theyre not aiming them at ducks .
A "missile defence system" is not the same as stationing nuclear missiles in a neighbouring state and IMO is a sensible reaction to a state doing so.

So what nuclear missile does the US retain in Europe (and don't harp on about the few remaining and ever reducing amount of tactical bombs that are part of the nuclear sharing agreements, as these are basically ineffective against Russia).

the usa is surrounding Russia with a missile defence sheild,
The US is trying to wear down the ABM treaty but what little physics I know suggest launching a missile in Poland to intercept a missile launched from Siberia before it gets to the US may be a sort of long shot.

The current missile defence plans are provocative but I really cannot see how they would do anything (other than catch a couple launched from Iran) that cut a couple of the hundreds of missiles aimed at Western Europe if the balloon ever went up.

Now you can argue they should not go ahead because of what comes after them. But that is a slightly different argument.

The US is trying to wear down the ABM treaty but what little physics I know suggest launching a missile in Poland to intercept a missile launched from Siberia before it gets to the US may be a sort of long shot.

The current missile defence plans are provocative but I really cannot see how they would do anything (other than catch a couple launched from Iran) that cut a couple of the hundreds of missiles aimed at Western Europe if the balloon ever went up.

Now you can argue they should not go ahead because of what comes after them. But that is a slightly different argument.

the enemy are at the gates and increasingly beefing up their presence and capabilities . Their object is a unipolar world . Your country hasnt been invaded in around a millenium . Russias experience is rather different . If the soviet union had expanded to france and Ireland you might see military alliances forming around you and pushing into strategic regions ,like is happening in Ukraine ,as a tad worrying . Everytime that experience has happened to Russia the result hasnt been all that pleasant .

your arguing they should only react to the negation of their deterrence when that actually happens, as opposed to the build up to that objective that everyone knows the missile sheild is about, Iran is bollocks . Which of course is when its far too late .

not enough of one

eta

I forgot the Irish had a bash at invading Canada a few times. Reaching for the stars there, ever so slightly

Back
Top Bottom