Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

TV series recommendations general (excluding Netflix/ Amazon)

The Lazarus Project (Sky). A time travelling action thriller about a secret government team with the ability to go back in time in case of civilisation ending threats to try to reset events, but at a high personal cost.

I often criticise Sky’s own productions as well below par, but this one is both very decent so far, and a rather clever premise. Feels like Tenet at times concept-wise.

The Lazarus Project (Sky). A time travelling action thriller about a secret government team with the ability to go back in time in case of civilisation ending threats to try to reset events, but at a high personal cost.

I often criticise Sky’s own productions as well below par, but this one is both very decent so far, and a rather clever premise. Feels like Tenet at times concept-wise.

Thanks, I don't have Sky/NowTV but this sounds right up my street and I'll look it up and find some way of watching.

I watched them all ,its really good, I love the time traveling/altered time thing
the acting is at a good level too I`m sure they will make another season.

I watched them all its really good I love the time traveling/altered time thing
the acting is at a good level to I`m sure they will make another season.
Good to hear, not finished it ourselves but certainly will continue with it. Best enjoyed not pissed though, or you’ll be left wondering wtf is going on as I did the other day when I watched one episode whilst a bit merry.

It's quite frustrating, but I can't seem to get Apple TV to work. I have had a free subscription three times, and it just wouldn't play, even on the iPad my wife got the last free sub on. I would rather like to see severance at some point.

It's quite frustrating, but I can't seem to get Apple TV to work. I have had a free subscription three times, and it just wouldn't play, even on the iPad my wife got the last free sub on. I would rather like to see severance at some point.
You've been blacklisted, somebody in Cupertino is obviously a lurker 🤣

I can get it to work on my iPad fine, but in my experience it is virtually impossible to make any Apple TV content play on non-Apple devices unless you buy a £99 Apple TV box from the cunts. Which I refuse to on general principle.

I can get it to work on my iPad fine, but in my experience it is virtually impossible to make any Apple TV content play on non-Apple devices unless you buy a £99 Apple TV box from the cunts. Which I refuse to on general principle.
Well that's the weird thing. All my devices ARE apple except my TV, but that's not a problem because I could use the HDMI out of my MacBook Pro to the TV if I could only get it to actually play on my laptop.
I'm sure it's just a web thing, (and I can't remember why) but I just couldn't get it work. Would not take my details. Same with when my wife got a subscription for her iPad and my brother got a free subscription. Just wouldn't log in.

Try the website. Works fine on my Android phone (there is no app)

Try the website. Works fine on my Android phone (there is no app)
I did. Couldn't log in. Long time ago now, but I was burnt on three occasions. Surely if you get a month free for buying an iPad and your iPad and all your other apple gear is all registered it should just work? At worst you should just be able to log in on the website right.

I did. Couldn't log in. Long time ago now, but I was burnt on three occasions. Surely if you get a month free for buying an iPad and your iPad and all your other apple gear is all registered it should just work? At worst you should just be able to log in on the website right.

Did you follow the instructions?

From. A new mystery/ supernatural mystery series a la Lost. Three episodes in and it’s fairly intriguing so far. I just hope whoever’s written this has done so as a coherent complete tale, rather than the cynical shitshow that was Lost’s conclusion.

On Sky/ NowTV

It seems to have mixed reviews, but we’ve been rather intrigued and entertained by a new mystery/ perhaps supernatural series on Peacock (which is available through NowTV & Sky) called The Resort.

It’s told in two concurring but different timelines, and set in an all-inclusive Mexican holiday resort where Something Bad happened about two or three decades ago, with the current timeline characters trawling through the ruins of said resort trying to put the pieces back together.

Very watchable in an undemanding way thus far, for us at least.

It seems to have mixed reviews, but we’ve been rather intrigued and entertained by a new mystery/ perhaps supernatural series on Peacock (which is available through NowTV & Sky) called The Resort.

It’s told in two concurring but different timelines, and set in an all-inclusive Mexican holiday resort where Something Bad happened about two or three decades ago, with the current timeline characters trawling through the ruins of said resort trying to put the pieces back together.

how many hours of tv do you watch each week? you get through so much!

Watched a couple of episodes of The Great series 2 which is streaming on 4oD. It's good. I think I would rather the episodes were a little shorter though.

Watched a couple of episodes of The Great series 2 which is streaming on 4oD. It's good. I think I would rather the episodes were a little shorter though.
I really loved series 1. I haven’t touched S2 yet as I'm scared the premise may not work as well stretched out to more episodes. Things generally get crapper as they go along. I could be wrong but don't want to spoil my memory of S1.

Reactions: Chz
I really loved series 1. I haven’t touched S2 yet as I'm scared the premise may not work as well stretched out to more episodes. Things generally get crapper as they go along. I could be wrong but don't want to spoil my memory of S1.
I wonder if this is what is already happening. I didn't see series one. It is good, but (and this just may be me) the energy feels all a bit too full on to last 50 minutes. Despite cutting to different characters perspectives, it's one story moving forward at one pace (very fast and loud). It also feels like a small stage play despite them travelling fairly substantial distances.
I think both these things would have been better if it was only a 25 minute show. . . . however given the story, I'd imagine that the previous series wasn't quite so manic and pedal to the metal from every angle? Sadly it's not on 4oD so I will have to wait for a future repeat to ever find out.

I wonder if this is what is already happening. I didn't see series one. It is good, but (and this just may be me) the energy feels all a bit too full on to last 50 minutes. Despite cutting to different characters perspectives, it's one story moving forward at one pace (very fast and loud). It also feels like a small stage play despite them travelling fairly substantial distances.
I think both these things would have been better if it was only a 25 minute show. . . . however given the story, I'd imagine that the previous series wasn't quite so manic and pedal to the metal from every angle? Sadly it's not on 4oD so I will have to wait for a future repeat to ever find out.
I can't really remember much about the pace but it's main shtick is using modern language in an historical drama. How thin can that premise be stretched? It all depends on the skill of the writers I guess but this always, always diminishes with each passing series.....

I can't really remember much about the pace but it's main shtick is using modern language in an historical drama. How thin can that premise be stretched? It all depends on the skill of the writers I guess but this always, always diminishes with each passing series.....
The modern english language in a russian historical drama aspect didn't bother me or even come across as a 'shtick' to me. I thought it's 'thing' was that it was fairly liberal with the historical accuracy for comedic / dramatic purposes. . . but not outrageously as far as I can tell (though I no expert).

From. A new mystery/ supernatural mystery series a la Lost. Three episodes in and it’s fairly intriguing so far. I just hope whoever’s written this has done so as a coherent complete tale, rather than the cynical shitshow that was Lost’s conclusion.

On Sky/ NowTV

I've enjoyed this but god dammit it's not going to resolve itself is it??

This is enjoyable stuff , layer after layer type mystery comedy .

North Sea Connection

RTE drama about drug smuggling and violent death among the fisher folk of coastal co. Galway.

Basically an Irish attempt at a Scandi style noir thriller - it's surprisingly good. That's possibly down to the editor being called HJallson, if I read the credits correctly.

Not sure where the North Sea comes in, as they're fishing in the Atlantic, but I'd still say check it out, if you can find it in your jurisdiction.

Salem's Lot on Sky SciFi. Still great! Tap, tap, tapping at the window still creepy as fuck.

I didn't realise Tobe Hooper directed it but that explains a lot.

Back
Top Bottom