Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender is it just me that is totally perplexed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we need now is antifascists involved in either protecting the meeting, or supporting those picketing it. And we'll all be a laughing stock all over again.

A bunch of people wanted to get together and moan that the world isn't as they they'd like it.

Another bunch of people turned up to moan that they ain't allowed to moan with them.

Things got a bit happy slappy.

Meanwhile the people that rule the world didn't notice any of this taking place and carried on as usual.

Here's a video of the incident at Speakers Corner

MacLachlan told The Daily Wire she estimated her assailants to be males in their 20s, whom she classified as "students virtue signalling." To her knowledge, none of protesters were trans; in fact, MacLachlan suspects "the only trans person was our speaker Miranda, who they were trying to silence."

Last edited:
The only thing I have noticed, those middle class numb nuts sisters uncut name is once again involved so most probably nothing to do with politics and all to do with their little me world.

It's no less acceptable than anyone else being beaten up. That's quite an important bit of feminism, TBH. And sixty is middle aged. It's a decade younger than Trump, and I don't think he's so frail as not to be fair game in a street fight.

And reading her fb post, if those kind of views are typical for her, then I can see why people might be a bit fucked off with her. Like, if you're a rabid anti-immigration type and you turn up to that place in Croydon where they process people's leave to remain, filming people and mouthing off about immigration... you can't be too shocked if you get a slap.
So 60 is middle aged? On your calculations most grand parents are fair game for a good beating! you really do need to get a grip on reality.

Hmm. Maybe I'm being a grumpy old man, but back in my day if someone turned up and started filming us they'd be challenged, and the filming would be physically stopped on occasion.

Hmm. Maybe I'm being a grumpy old man, but back in my day if someone turned up and started filming us they'd be challenged, and the filming would be physically stopped on occasion.

'Turned up':confused:

The TRAs tracked down a feminist meeting after forcing them out of their original venue.

If you don't want to be filmed then it's an idea not to harass people who dare to disagree with you.

Here's the a tweet from the alleged attacker:

IMG_2981.jpg

Tbh. I don't know (or to be frank, care) who did what to who in this particular case. I'm making a point specifically about filming.

The seemingly ubiquitous presence of cameras (and the subsequent plastering of footage all over the place) is yet another reason why I stay the fuck away from so much of what passes for activism these days.

Am I alone in this?

Tbh. I don't know (or to be frank, care) who did what to who in this particular case. I'm making a point specifically about filming.

The seemingly ubiquitous presence of cameras (and the subsequent plastering of footage all over the place) is yet another reason why I stay the fuck away from so much of what passes for activism these days.

Am I alone in this?

Modern life is a bit shit, yes

Am I alone in this?

Isn't it a good thing that this is in the public domain? Transparency and all that.

Why would you need permission? public space and all that!

Yeah well the police don't need permission to cctv our every move but that doesn't mean it's necessary, appropriate or ethical for them to do so.

I googled 'terf' and decided it wasn't a rabbit hole I wasn't going to jump down. I'll be wasting my time watching stand up heckler videos.

Here's another version of the story

Transgender Activist Assaults 60-Year-Old Woman At Gender Debate

It seems the protest was called and the violence enacted by one Tara Flik Hunt, a pre-op trans activist. The women's discussion was going to be on what it means to be a woman....
That's basically the same version of events, just written up by a different paper, ie it takes its info from the same source (the woman who was assaulted). The 'discussion' was billed as a debate, but one where only one side was in attendance, and led by a well known anti-trans rights activist. Hardly a balanced discussion. As was also shown by the way MM tried to provoke the demonstrators.

Here's a view from the protestors side -

That's basically the same version of events, just written up by a different paper, ie it takes its info from the same source (the woman who was assaulted). The 'discussion' was billed as a debate, but one where only one side was in attendance, and led by a well known anti-trans rights activist. Hardly a balanced discussion. As was also shown by the way MM tried to provoke the demonstrators.

Here's a view from the protestors side -

I assume sirena means another version compared to the comments/assumptions on this thread.

The discussion only became 'one sided' when certain speakers pulled out following pressure from the protestors.

I assume sirena means another version compared to the comments/assumptions on this thread.

The discussion only became 'one sided' when certain speakers pulled out following pressure from the protestors.
I believe Stonewall pulled out when they saw who the other speakers were, not because of pressure. And it was still being advertised as a debate after they had pulled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom