Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender is it just me that is totally perplexed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give an example of one trans activist organisation, or any high profile trans-activist, claiming that lesbians who don't want to sleep with transwomen who've retained their penis are transphobic? Or an example of somebody transgender accusing someone of transphobia because they wouldn't have sex with them?

See whenever I look I seem to find far more people talking about how transwomen demand lesbians sleep with them than I can find any transwomen actually demanding this.

Try Laurelai Bailey, Zinnia Jones/Satana Kennedy, if you want evidence of crazy cult shenanigans search for Vade on Tumblr, fucking awful person, I've been folowing genuine trans people and the trucute scene for a long time now, I already mentioned that I have a dog in this race as I was confused about how I identified but Sea Star called me transphobic for it lol.

I will not repeat that story as I can't be fucking bothered.

I have many more that I can chuck your way, I have already mentioned the Yuri on Ice phenomenon that young girls are identifying with on Tumblr, if and when you research that you may understand where I am planting my flag.

Try Laurelai Bailey, Zinnia Jones/Satana Kennedy, if you want evidence of crazy cult shenanigans search for Vade on Tumblr, fucking awful person, I've been folowing genuine trans people and the trucute scene for a long time now, I already mentioned that I have a dog in this race as I was confused about how I identified but Sea Star called me transphobic for it lol.

I will not repeat that story as I can't be fucking bothered.

I have many more that I can chuck your way, I have already mentioned the Yuri on Ice phenomenon that young girls are identifying with on Tumblr, if and when you research that you may understand where I am planting my flag.

I don't want to have to wage through a load of youtube videos. I was hoping for a specific link to someone credible from within trans-activism saying that lesbians who don't want to sleep with pre-op transwomen are transphobic, or a transgender activist organisation making similar claims. Alternatively an example of somebody accusing someone of transphobia for refusing to sleep with them, or demanding sex under the threat of being called transphobic. Surely if this was as wdespread as some insist there'd be stories about this on forums or something. All I can ever find is a load of shouty kids, not always trans, saying sometimes daft, sometimes angry and sometimes quite naive things about sex and transphobia and genitals and heteronormativity on social media. I wonder what percentage of the global trans population they represent, and whether it is really legitimate to portray this as a universal, or even common trans demand when it appeears to be a virtually non-existent eccentricity that possibly exists amongst some young queer people who spend too much time arguing on tumblr.

It's fucking awful to be true, so many predators on there the place should be fucking nuked, it's the place to be if you are young and struggling with the reality of the cruel world, it is chock full of cultish behaviour and power tripping and is a go to place for fucking dodgy predators.

Yes. I don't know much about tumblr but I do know about Steam (the gaming platform) and YouTube as I've been following the gamergate thing since it was a wee baby and also the YouTube manosphere.

Shit is rife on there too.

Try Laurelai Bailey, Zinnia Jones/Satana Kennedy, if you want evidence of crazy cult shenanigans search for Vade on Tumblr, fucking awful person, I've been folowing genuine trans people and the trucute scene for a long time now,

Seconded. Terrible cultist and *creepy* people. I also have a personal story (not from one of the big names that you mentioned) but it's really dark, and involves very vulnerable young women at the behest of one very creepy individual "transwoman" (one woman rape victim and one 14 year old lesbian.. All of whom very rapidly started to identify as some form of trans/non binary after getting into close quarters with this individual, and one of which has deleted their presence online entirely).

That part of the rabbit hole is creepy, cultish, and preys on very vulnerable young women. I would even go as far as to say grooming.

I don't want to talk about it because I don't think anyone would believe it, and also I feel so ashamed that I nearly got sucked into it myself. There are some very sick fucks using trans people (the dysphoric type) as a sheild for a lot of dodgy stuff.

Ugh. I need to go wash myself. It's an experience that makes me want to heave.

I'm only posting this cos I'm pissed and tired (5 hour plane journey to the UK). Fuck it. I've written it now.

Last edited:
I don't want to have to wage through a load of youtube videos. I was hoping for a specific link to someone credible from within trans-activism saying that lesbians who don't want to sleep with pre-op transwomen are transphobic, or a transgender activist organisation making similar claims. Alternatively an example of somebody accusing someone of transphobia for refusing to sleep with them, or demanding sex under the threat of being called transphobic. Surely if this was as wdespread as some insist there'd be stories about this on forums or something. All I can ever find is a load of shouty kids, not always trans, saying sometimes daft, sometimes angry and sometimes quite naive things about sex and transphobia and genitals and heteronormativity on social media. I wonder what percentage of the global trans population they represent, and whether it is really legitimate to portray this as a universal, or even common trans demand when it appeears to be a virtually non-existent eccentricity that possibly exists amongst some young queer people who spend too much time arguing on tumblr.

What the fuck does 'credible' mean, have you ever looked at these sites I have mentioned to actually disprove what I am saying, do you want peer reviewed articles as evidence maybe?

Here's another shitfuck, parents are loaded and covered his arse after being convicted of rape and is now the Admin of Trans Dykes United, changing his birthname and gender to once again becoming invisible.

Convicted sex offender seeks access to women’s locker rooms through bathroom law – Family Policy Institute of Washington

Note, this rapists criteria for being a woman is 6 months on HRT, not surgery.

You want any more?

What the fuck does 'credible' mean, have you ever looked at these sites I have mentioned to actually disprove what I am saying, do you want peer reviewed articles as evidence maybe?

Here's another shitfuck, parents are loaded and covered his arse after being convicted of rape and is now the Admin of Trans Dykes United, changing his birthname and gender to once again becoming invisible.

Convicted sex offender seeks access to women’s locker rooms through bathroom law – Family Policy Institute of Washington

Note, this rapists criteria for being a woman is 6 months on HRT, not surgery.

You want any more?
That source is a mouthpiece for political Christianity.

Here's their For Churches section:

Churches have a major role to play in addressing the cultural and moral issues of our day. The voice of the church matters. In times such as these when we see timeless values under attack all around us in our society, the need for the Church to be a strong voice for biblical truth is more critical than ever. These are great resources for learning what your legal parameters are for staying within the guidelines of your 501(c)3 status.

I will say this again, I fully support the Trans people that are called Truscum within the community, these are the Trans people that DO suffer from Dysphoria and have had medical intervention to help them come to terms with the schism in their existence, they usually just get on with their lives and nobody knows any different and if they do, they accept it as an extremely brave thing to do. These people have my full support, I would die to protect them from harm

What we have now is what is self classed as Trucute, non transitioning people that are extremely fucking vocal, labelling people as transphobic for not wanting to have sex with someone with genitals that do not interest them, it is not just happening with lesbians but with gay men, CIS men and CIS women also. Trucutes penned the 'Die Truscum' meme on Twitter etc and are now adding 'Die Cishet', as I said before Tumblr, deviant art and a few other sites are enabling this.

A tiny minority of vocal idiots from the more... out there... corners of the Internet really aren't representative of any kind of "trans community."

I'd never even heard/read the term "trucute" before reading your post, and I've only ever come across "truscum" in reddit posts asking what it means ("it's just nonsense, ignore it" is the usual answer ime). I just went and looked, out of interest, and searching "truscum" brings back 22 results in r/asktransgender, 1 in r/transgender, 1 in r/transgenderUK, 9 in r/ftm and 0 in r/mtf. Searching "trucute" didn't bring back a single result in any of those subs. I'm not claiming Reddit is representative of any kind of trans community as a whole either - but that's the point, Tumblr nonsense isn't either.

A tiny minority of vocal idiots from the more... out there... corners of the Internet really aren't representative of any kind of "trans community."

I'd never even heard/read the term "trucute" before reading your post, and I've only ever come across "truscum" in reddit posts asking what it means ("it's just nonsense, ignore it" is the usual answer). I just went and searched, out of interest, and searching "truscum" brings back 22 results in r/asktransgender, 9 in r/ftm and 0 in r/mtf

Try twitter, it is rife as fuck. Tumblr also, I just don't get how you are willing to brush this toxic behaviour under the carpet, maybe read FabricLiveBaby! 's post above to see how prevalent it actually is

It is also not a
A tiny minority of vocal idiots from the more... out there... corners of the Internet really aren't representative of any kind of "trans community.
it's sadly far more invasive than just a few people.

I'm still stuck in the rabbit hole but there are groups of people also using discord etc to groom people to their cause, MtF non transitioning individuals call straight people eggs, ready to be hatched.

One question to finish this off, do you feel that Transgender status should be deserved after an internet decision or after surgery? I have already asked you this but I will ask again, do you believe that gender dysphoria should be present for access to drugs?

Why? Maybe if you try to formulate something we can communicate better.

The semantic range of "fetish" is beyond a mild kink - it ranges from a fairly intense interest to being unable to really sexually function without it being present, depending on the context and who you ask.

So it depends, I guess, on what you meant when you said "preference" (which can also vary by context), but taking your post at face value to mean "something I like, if it happens to be coming my way", I'd personally say you weren't quite in the ballpark.

The semantic range of "fetish" is beyond a mild kink - it ranges from a fairly intense interest to being unable to really sexually function without it being present, depending on the context and who you ask.

So it depends, I guess, on what you meant when you said "preference" (which can also vary by context), but taking your post at face value to mean "something I like, if it happens to be coming my way", I'd personally say you weren't quite in the ballpark.

TruXta is bang in the middle of the ballpark, semantics aside, (new descriptions of behaviour have been a mainstay of people that refuse to accept reality for centuries) fetish is used as a derogatory term for sexual actions that they find deviant, kink is used as an adjective to allow them to accept that sexual action as not too deviant, sexual preference, kink and fetish all mean the same fucking thing, just some people have a fucking problem realising it because they are prudes and need a description to allow them to put that preference in a position where other people that don't fucking care are pushed to think that it is somehow wrong.

Fucking Fnords in action.

Try twitter, it is rife as fuck. Tumblr also, I just don't get how you are willing to brush this toxic behaviour under the carpet, maybe read FabricLiveBaby! 's post above to see how prevalent it actually is

It is also not a it's sadly far more invasive than just a few people.

I'm still stuck in the rabbit hole but there are groups of people also using discord etc to groom people to their cause, MtF non transitioning individuals call straight people eggs, ready to be hatched.

One question to finish this off, do you feel that Transgender status should be deserved after an internet decision or after surgery? I have already asked you this but I will ask again, do you believe that gender dysphoria should be present for access to drugs?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the first question, could you elaborate please?

You haven't asked me the second question before (you did ask if I "believe in" dysphoria, which I answered), but I don't think it's possible to give a simple yes or no answer. There are varied opinions as to what actually constitutes gender dysphoria for a start - some people claim to only experience gender euphoria and not dysphoria, for example, while others would describe GE as one manifestation of GD and therefore consider someone who experiences GE to be dysphoric.

The dsm lists the following criteria (see below), of which an adult or adolescent must experience at least two for at least six months - assuming I'm reading it correctly (and I'm not a professional or owt), someone with eg "a strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender" and "a strong conviction that [they have] the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender" could technically be given a diagnosis of gender dysphoria without experiencing the strongly negative feelings towards their assigned gender or primary/secondary sex characteristics generally associated with the term "dysphoria."
  1. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and primary and/or secondary sex characteristics
  2. A strong desire to be rid of one’s primary and/or secondary sex characteristics
  3. A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender
  4. A strong desire to be of the other gender
  5. A strong desire to be treated as the other gender
  6. A strong conviction that one has the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender

Ooh, language-police self-awareness failure. :D

Lol, maybe but I realise that the descriptions will mean different things to different people because of fear.

Here is an awesome Tumblr rant on the Yaoi fandom from a gay boy (not, it's a fucking girl that identifies as a girl but she's so fucked up she thinks she can tell other fucked up girls that they are just pretending to be gay guys).

1. A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender
  2. A strong desire to be of the other gender
  3. A strong desire to be treated as the other gender
  4. A strong conviction that one has the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender

Ok so we agree that a MtF keeping their dick is not Dysphoric.

Ok so we agree that a MtF keeping their dick is not Dysphoric.

No, I don't think we do. Dx criteria isn't "at least two of the following for at least six months, oh and that must also specifically include genital dysphoria"

Also, dysphoria isn't the only factor that influences a trans person's decision to have/not have genital surgery.

I think this is what is meant by fetish also. Which is much the same as the definition andysays posted. I don't understand the desire to broaden it out of any particular meaning or to claim there is a moral dimension to what is a descriptive term.

I think this is what is meant by fetish also. Which is much the same as the definition andysays posted. I don't understand the desire to broaden it out of any particular meaning or to claim there is a moral dimension to what is a descriptive term.
Not really the definition used in the study. It counted a report of sexual arousal from wearing women's clothing at any stage in life as evidence of transvestite fetishism.

You might want to set the bar higher but it didn't. As for andysays' definition, it verges on ludicrous - if you're turned on by anything other than genitals? That's a crazy definition. Are you're going to redefine faces as genitals or is there such a thing as a face fetish?

Not really the definition used in the study. It counted a report of sexual arousal from wearing women's clothing at any stage in life as evidence of transvestite fetishism.

You might want to set the bar higher but it didn't. As for andysays' definition, it verges on ludicrous - if you're turned on by anything other than genitals? That's a crazy definition. Are you're going to redefine faces as genitals or is there such a thing as a face fetish?

I wasn't talking about the study.

It's not andysays personal definition. How do you define fetish then?

That's not "my" definition at all.

The definition I quoted, which was the first one I found when googling but which also agrees with my understanding of the term, was as follows

Sexual fetishism or erotic fetishism is a sexual fixation on a nonliving object or nongenital body part.

Do you, and the others reducing it to a mere preference, understand the diffence between a fixation and a preference?

That's not "my" definition at all.

The definition I quoted, which was the first one I found when googling but which also agrees with my understanding of the term, was as follows

Do you, and the others reducing it to a mere preference, understand the diffence between a fixation and a preference?
A fixation is merely a strong and enduring preference. It's fucking obvious really.

The very next sentence of that wikipedia entry that you quoted andysays goes on to say "A sexual fetish may be regarded as a non-pathological aid to sexual excitement, or as a mental disorder if it causes significant psychosocial distress for the person or has detrimental effects on important areas of their life."
I really don't think this is as simple as you seem to suggest nor do I see the point in trying to drive at a definition that says this here is a fetish and this here is just a kink / preference.
I think the definition of a paraphilia is that the person cannot get aroused unless that thing / practice is present, which is not the same as 'fetish' and definitely not the thing that started this conversion (that study asking yes or no have you ever felt turned on by wearing feminine clothing).

No one suggested it was simple, but that there is a definition which is quite narrow. A fetish is considered a paraphilia if it causes suffering to the person with the fetish or others, gets in the way of relationships in a way that causes distress.

My understanding is different, and doesn't include dependance / compulsion. I don't want to 'overshare' but have been peripherally involved on and off in a sort of self-named 'fetish scene' for a while (though less recently) and its definitely not always about 'I need this'/ can't do sex without it. Maybe you'd say these aren't real fetishists then but I just don't see what the point is of such strict definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom