Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tour De France 2024 - chasing yellow

hash tag

Reaching out
Its just days away now and had to be done. I have news feeds coming through saying Vingegaard is in and Froome is out.

Yep, Vinne in, although checking the bookies Pog is still odds-on for yellow. Remco evidently wasn't quite there in the Dauphiné, and Rog did his very best to throw it away on the final stage.

Don't know anything about cycling but just wanted to mention that last week we had the 24 hours of Le Mans, now it is the Tour. The French certainly know how to stage spectacular events :)

This might effect some on here; I've just heard from someone that Eurosport is "closing" down but their coverage is moving to Discovery+. Another subscription channel I guess.

This might effect some on here; I've just heard from someone that Eurosport is "closing" down but their coverage is moving to Discovery+. Another subscription channel I guess.
The Giro hightlights we Freeviewers get on DMX or Quest seem to be cobbled together from Eurosport/Discovery footage and pieces.

Indeed, Bora's team is also very good. I think by the end of week one it will be obvious whether it's going to be the Pogacar show. I see him taking an early stage and then holding onto yellow throughout.
The obvious tactic for UAE would seem to be to go as hard as possible on the opening stage. They’ll know by the second climb if Vin is on form or not.

Just watching the team presentations ( some terrible Italian pop ). I'm reminded the last stage is a 33k time trail. Who can forget Lemond V. Fignon that time 😱

It looks a beautiful day, very hot out there, it is going to be tough. Especially so for Jan Hirt who didn't even make the start before being brought down by a spectator. Cav struggling with the climbs.

Have just started watching this morning. Cav was sounding reflective after the end yesterday. Certainly not down and out.
Fantastic day yesterday.

Did Pog and Vin ease off when they realised neither was going to gain time on the other? That's the only way I could see Remco pulling them back like that.

Back
Top Bottom