Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Trump presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
A poor excuse for ignorance.

Have you understood my post? Perhaps it wasn't expressed very well.

The way I see it the swedish way of presenting statistics appears to have been set up to be opaque. I may be wrong but my understanding is that because the number of victims and nature of attacks is obscured, the stats are open to varying interpretation by whichever opposed political mindset chooses to factor in speculated info. Both conclusions they arrive at can then be feasable. This is because you have to speculate on whether it is few victims of many rapes, if rapes at all, or to whether it is many victims of many rapes. The stats have been placed behind a firewall, so to speak and nobody can know for sure what has really happened. Not how many victims, not by who, Nada.

And to boot, it is also illegal to publish the origin of attackers.

Why would a government go to so much trouble to obfuscate their rape statistics?

The way I see it the swedish way of presenting statistics appears to have been set up to be opaque. I may be wrong but my understanding is that because the number of victims and nature of attacks is obscured, the stats are open to varying interpretation by whichever opposed political mindset chooses to factor in speculated info. Both conclusions they arrive at can then be feasable. This is because you have to speculate on whether it is few victims of many rapes, if rapes at all, or to whether it is many victims of many rapes. The stats have been placed behind a firewall, so to speak and nobody can know for sure what has really happened. Not how many victims, not by who, Nada.

Why would a government go to so much trouble to obfuscate their rape statistics?

To piss you off would be my guess.

No only someone being willfully obtuse would come to that conclusion.

Trump on the twitter thing

Seven people shot and killed yesterday in Chicago. What is going on there - totally out of control. Chicago needs help!

So, what is it to be? Nuke the place or call in the Swedish government to handle the statistics from now on.

Four fucking years of Trump's fucking Deplorables.

Kansas reeled on Friday as a shooting at a bar, which left one Indian engineer dead and another injured, escalated into an international incident amid fears that the attack was motivated by bias and hate.

The authorities in the United States, including F.B.I. agents, are investigating the shooting as a possible hate crime, and India’s government expressed shock over the episode in suburban Kansas City.

In New Delhi, the episode raised new alarm about the treatment of foreigners in the United States, where President Trump has made clamping down on immigration and refugees from predominantly Muslim countries a central part of his “America First” agenda.

The attack occurred around 7:15 p.m. Wednesday at Austins Bar and Grill in Olathe, Kan., southwest of Kansas City.

At least one witness said that the gunman, identified by the authorities as Adam W. Purinton, 51, yelled “get out of my country” before opening fire, The Kansas City Star reported. A bartender at a Clinton, Mo., restaurant where Mr. Purinton was later captured said he had heard him say that he had killed two Middle Eastern men.

A 24-year-old American man who tried to intervene after he reportedly heard the gunman utter racist slurs was shot and hospitalized.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/...possible-hate-crime-srinivas-kuchibhotla.html

Meanwhile, in Stamford, Connecticut:

22xp-slur-master768.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/...edCoverage&region=EndOfArticle&pgtype=article

Trump's averaging about four "alternative facts" (i.e. lies) a day. It's getting to the point where him asserting the sky was blue would cause me to doubt it.

He lies about crowds at his events. He lies about the US employment rate. He lies about US crime stats. He invents terrorist incidents and ignores any where a white guy is the perp. He's surrounded by a clique of Islamophobic fabulists. Occasionally when caught fibbing he blames it on being misinformed. He even contradicts himself constantly. He's a chaotic pathological liar.

He's trying to cover a claim that something happened "last night in Sweden" with a clearly bogus story that he meant crime is there soaring due to immigration. If you look at the Swedish crime stats most are declining despite high levels of non-EU immigration. There's been an uptick in sexual assaults recently. The murder rate is far below that of even a relatively safe US city. Far right bikers chuck grenades at each other and attack immigrants. They've had some riots. Who hasn't? Sweden isn't perfect but its ghettos are less liable to combust than many in the US especially under such an incendiary President stirring race hatred for political ends.

Academy Awards are Sunday. Hopefully some latte sippin smug libs slamming orange man.

I can't imagine why anyone in a red state would care about the Oscars. Most of the movies haven't played in the flyover state I live in. How can you have a basis for watching something that considers your market so irrelevant? We only get Oscar nominated movies about two weeks after the awards, when they figure they can make a buck from the free publicity.

I can't imagine why anyone in a red state would care about the Oscars. Most of the movies haven't played in the flyover state I live in. How can you have a basis for watching something that considers your market so irrelevant? We only get Oscar nominated movies about two weeks after the awards, when they figure they can make a buck from the free publicity.
They can be watched on Amazon, iTunes etc.

Come to think of it I honestly wouldn't be surprised to find PJW feeling out some far right swedes to
Trump on the twitter thing

Seven people shot and killed yesterday in Chicago. What is going on there - totally out of control. Chicago needs help!

So, what is it to be? Nuke the place or call in the Swedish government to handle the statistics from now on.

What about the 14 cities with a higher murder rate?

this week on goosestepping towards fascism.

Looks like Time and AP boycotted in solidarity with the excluded outlets. Good for them. All the others should have as well.

It's been suggested elsewhere that those excluded will have two choices now - start writing puff pieces to get back in Trump's good books so they can be invited to participated in his masochistic propaganda feeding rituals, or ignore them and start doing proper investigations of his clusterfuck of an administration.

Let's see what they choose.

I came across this twitter account the other day, and have found her analysis excellent so far - defo worth a follow if you do twitter

Alexandra Erin (@alexandraerin) on Twitter

They seem to be uncritically quoting Kendzior, who is a conspiracy theorist who promotes Larouche Russophobia nonsense about how Trump was recruited to the USSR in the 80s and everything that is happening now is a continuation of that.

On AP DHS intel report disputes threat posed by travel ban nations
he three-page report challenges Trump's core claims. It said that of 82 people the government determined were inspired by a foreign terrorist group to carry out or try to carry out an attack in the United States, just over half were U.S. citizens born in the United States. The others were from 26 countries, led by Pakistan, Somalia, Bangladesh, Cuba, Ethiopia, Iraq and Uzbekistan. Of these, only Somalia and Iraq were among the seven nations included in the ban.

Of the other five nations, one person each from Iran, Sudan and Yemen was also involved in those terrorism cases, but none from Syria. It did not say if any were Libyan.

The report also found that terrorist organizations in Iran, Libya, Somalia and Sudan are regionally focused, while groups in Iraq, Syria and Yemen do pose a threat to the U.S.
The shit for brains thing here is Iraq, Syria and Yemen is just where the US needs local allies most if it's actually worried about terrorism. Instead Trump decides to fuck them over for domestic effect.

They seem to be uncritically quoting Kendzior, who is a conspiracy theorist who promotes Larouche Russophobia nonsense about how Trump was recruited to the USSR in the 80s and everything that is happening now is a continuation of that.
Ha ha, that's so full of shit. You think that's all Kendzior is about? Sure pal.

Domestic terrorists killed his son. He wants Trump to remember that America makes extremists, too.

Brandon Paudert, a seven-year veteran officer with the West Memphis Police Department, was killed in 2010 alongside his partner, Bill Evans, during a routine traffic stop on Interstate 40. The officers were fatally shot by a 16-year-old, Joseph T. Kane, and his father, Jerry R. Kane Jr., 45, both of them members of the sovereign citizens movement — a far-right, antigovernment group whose adherents believe they’re constitutionally exempt from U.S. laws.

Paudert's dad was Chief of Police and one of the first on the scene - helluva shock it must have been. I don't remember hearing about this incident.

Unfortunately, the Trump administration will do diddly squat about domestic terrorists because they don't want to alienate their supporters who are sympathetic to / back them. Could backfire if there are significant clashes with law enforcement though, since he's pushing for more money and powers for the police.

Meanwhile, in Arizona, the Senate has approved a bill that could make people who attend a protest that later becomes violent (including damage to property) subject to criminal charges and potential seizure of assets, by extending racketeering law. Republicans stated it was proposed specifically to stop protests that are happening across the country where protestors are paid to attend and cause trouble.

So, attend a march or a Town Hall meeting with your congressman, someone punches a wall or breaks a window and next day the cops could feel your collar and your wallet.

Seems there are 6 other states that have also enacted laws recently that violate the 1st Amendment on "right of assembly." I'm expecting more :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom