Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Trump presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he racist?
I don't know. I'd say he's just a self promoting useful idiot.
Here he is defending himself against anyone who says that by taking the money from that right wing loon he's helping push the story that Trump was right all along:

“I’m not the person who is going to go out there and side with Paul. I don’t side with the Right on [Malmo] being a hellish war zone,” Pool added.
“I tell the activists who say I’m feeding a fake news right-wing narrative, wouldn’t it be funny if I came back and found it’s not true. That said, I just don’t know what I will find. Let me do journalism.”

What's he going to find out in Malmo do you think, wandering about in his bullet proof vest. He can't even speak Swedish.

ETA: the other thing to bear in mind regarding this comparison would the the differences in murder rates by race/social class. In Sweden, that difference is unlikely to be all that high. In Chicago, it will be enormous - if you're rich and white in Chicago, the chances of you being murdered are way less than 20/100,000, probably somewhere close to the Swedish figure.
If there were 90 murders in Sweden in 2015 (I find 115 examples of "lethal violence" here) as State claims above and rate is pretty much flat it's less than in Chicago this year so far at 100. As in Chicago it's mostly going to be the poorest getting killed. Most murderers know the victim in fact they are often kin.
In 2015, 112 cases of lethal violence were confirmed² in Sweden. This can be seen from the statistic regarding confirmed cases of lethal violence. This is an increase by 25 cases, as compared with 2014. The number of victims in cases involving several incidents of lethal violence more than doubled during the year, from 10 to 22 victims, as compared to the previous year. The increase in these types of cases represents about half of the total rise during 2015.

During the most recent ten-year period, the number of cases of lethal violence each year has fluctuated between 68 and 112 cases. In a long-term perspective, ever since the 1990's when Brå started the measurements, the trend shows that lethal violence is declining.

In 2015, the victim in 74 per cent of the cases was a man. The breakdown between the genders has been substantially similar since the 1990s.

A firearm was used in almost one-third (29%) of the observed cases of lethal violence in 2015; this is a somewhat lower percentage than in 2014 (32%).
These are very small numbers. One decent sized gang war can make for alarming spikes. Imagine what Breivik did to the Norwegian stats.

Looking at Swedish crime statistics over the past decade really would not make you think that this is an ageing country with high levels of non-EU youth migration but it is. I am really rather surprised there's not more evidence of trouble happening of course that may be connected with the low birth rate and there simply being fewer young men about. It may be sexist and ageist but they are the demographic usually doing the murdering. Which is not to say there aren't localised hot spots in a generally quite country.

Here he is defending himself against anyone who says that by taking the money from that right wing loon he's helping push the story that Trump was right all along:

“I’m not the person who is going to go out there and side with Paul. I don’t side with the Right on [Malmo] being a hellish war zone,” Pool added.
“I tell the activists who say I’m feeding a fake news right-wing narrative, wouldn’t it be funny if I came back and found it’s not true. That said, I just don’t know what I will find. Let me do journalism.”

What's he going to find out in Malmo do you think, wandering about in his bullet proof vest. He can't even speak Swedish.

He'd look a bit funny in a bullet proof vest really, so I think he'll have to leave it in the hotel or on his online profile pic.

Like him, I don't know what he may find. The question is, is he objective? Has he been cherry picked from the journalists who offered to go? Then, will he find anything?

Things in the media have got to such a stage for me now that I am sceptical of anything that isn't a long uncut stream. He has livestreamed in the past it would appear, maybe he will this time.

He'd look a bit funny in a bullet proof vest really, so I think he'll have to leave it in the hotel or on his online profile pic.

Like him, I don't know what he may find. The question is, is he objective? Has he been cherry picked from the journalists who offered to go? Then, will he find anything?

Things in the media have got to such a stage for me now that I am sceptical of anything that isn't a long uncut stream. He has livestreamed in the past it would appear, maybe he will this time.

I'm happy to chip in and send you if any others are.

I think you need to take a look at yourself. You say you're sceptical of the media but you called Paul Josef Watson a journalist.
You do know he works at infowars, yes?

Last edited:

His twitter makes his politics pretty clear. I don't think he's a headbanger but anti-Trump protestors are wrong/violent, alt-righters are victims, SJWs are calling everyone Nazis etc etc. It's not a coincidence that out of every other journalist who responded, Watson gave him the money. I guess we'll see what he comes up with.

Last edited:
In Forward Exclusive: Senior Trump Aide Forged Key Ties To Anti-Semitic Groups In Hungary
It remains unclear whether the White House ever took a deep look into Gorka’s activities in Hungary. Six White House staffers have reportedly been dismissed for failing FBI background checks; Gorka was not among them.

In 2002, Hungary’s intelligence service denied Gorka a security clearance. Gorka was nominated by the right-wing Fidesz party as its candidate to be an expert in an investigation into allegations that then-Prime Minister Péter Medgyessy had served as a counterintelligence officer during the Communist era. At the time, Gorka’s earlier ties to British intelligence were considered a concern, and he was ultimately not allowed to take part in the investigation.

Gorka’s friends and close associates in the United States do not believe that he is ideologically part of Hungary’s far right.

“I am pretty certain that SG [Sebastian Gorka] has some major differences with aspects of what you call the far-right,” Alejandro Chafuen, who has known Gorka for nearly two decades, wrote the Forward in an email exchange. However, Chafuen, who serves as president of the U.S.-based Atlas Network, added that he does not know whether these ideological differences also include Gorka’s perspective on minority issues and historical memory.

Meanwhile, Gorka’s former political partners in Hungary are pleased with his successes in Washington.

“I am happy, because this could be good for Hungarian-American relations,” said Molnár, the former Jobbik vice president and co-founder of Gorka’s short-lived party, in his conversation with the Forward. “But I was surprised…No Hungarian public figure has ever been so close to the White House.”
Trump does have a genius for hiring fishy people.

On Politico Trump’s ‘big fat bubble’ trouble in the stock market
“The market is looking for reasons to go higher, and the administration has provided it,” said Scott Clemons of Brown Brothers Harriman. “Right now, a lot of that is projection, hopes and intentions, which — when it collides with the reality of having to deal with Congress, even held by the president’s own party — that leads to disappointment down the road.”

Even the investment banking firm that has arguably benefited most from Trump’s election, Goldman Sachs, is beginning to sour on hopes for a quick economic boom. Goldman has sent several former executives to the White House, including Mnuchin and National Economic Council chief Gary Cohn, who are leading the tax reform efforts. The bank’s stock price is up about 40 percent since Trump was eleceted, part of big rally in financial stocks on the assumption that Trump will be able to quickly roll back the Dodd-Frank financial reform act, something that Washington analysts also think will be much harder than the market seems to believe.

“The difficulty the Republican majority is having addressing [Obamacare] suggests that lawmakers might ultimately need to scale back their ambitions in other areas as well, such as tax reform,” Goldman analyst Alec Phillips wrote in a note to clients this week.

But for now, the unshakable view around Wall Street trading floors is that Trump will deliver tax cuts and unshackle corporate America from regulation. Nothing else really matters.

“Next year, there are 13 Democratic senators up for reelection in reddish states,” said Massocca. “If you get eight wins by the Republicans, and now we have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, then the market could double.”
My bold, Trump in possible failure to make the swamp swampy enough for some critters shock.

A journalist called Tim Pool has taken up a challenge to go see for himself in Sweden. He was financed by another journalist who offered 2000 dollars. Dunno their bonafides.

Tim Pool (@Timcast) on Twitter

PJW made the offer as an offhand remark from what I can see. He said something about Malmo being a crime ridden war zone and that he would pay for any journalist to fly out and stay there. Within minutes dozens of journalists accepted. He then STFU about it. He was also taken to task by a deputy mayor of Malmo, who confirmed to me on twitter that there are no "no go zones" or "Sharia patrols", although he did mention a problem with honor killing.

PJW made the offer as an offhand remark from what I can see. He said something about Malmo being a crime ridden war zone and that he would pay for any journalist to fly out and stay there. Within minutes dozens of journalists accepted. He then STFU about it. He was also taken to task by a deputy mayor of Malmo, who confirmed to me on twitter that there are no "no go zones" or "Sharia patrols", although he did mention a problem with honor killing.
This one was the first:

He then compounded the ridicule with a worse one (now deleted) where he put in four pics of this "urban hell", including one from a football match, one from England and one with three incredibly unthreatening skinny punks standing outside a building.

I read somewhere he lives in Battersea, which is hardly urban hell itself (the new build sky rises are pretty awful mind) but he must shit himself every time he goes down the shops. OTOH I also read that he doesn't leave his flat much.

A Republican/US conservative panelist on CNN the other day said the Sweden "thing" is true and she held up a copy of The Daily Express as proof!!!! :rolleyes::facepalm:

This one was the first:

He then compounded the ridicule with a worse one (now deleted) where he put in four pics of this "urban hell", including one from a football match, one from England and one with three incredibly unthreatening skinny punks standing outside a building.

I read somewhere he lives in Battersea, which is hardly urban hell itself (the new build sky rises are pretty awful mind) but he must shit himself every time he goes down the shops. OTOH I also read that he doesn't leave his flat much.

tbf Saga doesn't work for Malmo police anymore:(

This one was the first:

I used to live in Battersea before it gentrified in the 80s, I was a nipper mind you so I don't remember much.

It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this, there was that McIntyre undercover documentary based in Brixton maybe 15 years ago where the guy was constantly running into people telling him to put his phone away for fear of getting mugged, until on the final night of three, he managed to get his phone teefed after waving it in someone's face and then his laptop relieved at knife point by a guy who claimed he'd get the phone back.

This feels even less honest than that.

Fux sake this guy is everywhere. :facepalm:

Was a well known Occupy livestreamer in the past and managed to crowd fund bundles of money, so much so that others took against him out of suspicion.

Yeah Paul Joseph Watson picked him. (so not "any" journalist) I think someone is crowd sourcing a legal change, because of his poor use of language hundreds of journalists and fucking twats) called Watson on his offer.

I'd skeptical of any of Watson's picks.

Someone was trying to tell me he lived in a no gozone the other day :facepalm:
R-2955445-1429970113-7346.jpeg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom