Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The stupidity of the anti-vaxx nutcases

Where's that from BigMoaner? I'd 'like' to see the full image.

Where's that from BigMoaner? I'd 'like' to see the full image.
r/terriblefacebookmemes

(heartened by how thoroughly my reddit at least vers towards teh left and i don't even follow political sub reddits. it's definitely dominated by liberal/left thinking which is a welcome break from the likes of youtube comments etc).

which makes me think that maybe, for a person who hasnt got a clue about this stuff (like my mate) showing her embarrassing endpoint shit like that image might be quite helpful. Not right now but i will keep it in the Files, in case the need arises to do a little explainer for her of what the problem is.
That's the thing, nobody starts off there where that mad poster chart thing lives do they they.

the thing i think that sucks people in is how gratifying emotionally it is. that's why normally when someone swings right to left or left to right, in a reasonable, political sense, it is actually troubling for them. painful for them. Its a slow falling out, a disillusionment. but this utter junk - it is so shot through with emotionally satisfying premises - i am special because i've seen through teh game, i have secret, incredibly hidden knowledge, etc - that the "conversion" can be so quick because the emotional gratification hits like a drug onces you've "seen through the game". One minute its a facebook timeline of fishing pictures, the next minute it's global cabals who are after children. It isn't politics, it;s something else. A sort of narcissistic gratification.

The

Last edited:
What really concerns me is that this is a wider problem we have to deal with now as when any issue comes up (climate change is currently seeing it) it now has a significant tendency of this conspiratorial thinking attached to it that needs countering. I was doing some local Don't Pay stuff for a bit and it was a real problem there, people going on about how it was all part of getting people in debt for the Great Reset etc. It made any organising much, much harder as there was a constant battle against this stuff, especially on social media and Whatsapp groups, some people would just constantly post conspiracy videos and comments that needed countering or deleting, and it's really draining and depressing. It's very effective sabotage of political struggle.

Last edited:
What really concerns me is that this is a wider problem we have to deal with now. Any issue that comes up (climate change is currently seeing it) now has a significant tendency of this conspiratorial thinking attached to it that needs countering. I was doing some local Don't Pay stuff for a bit and it was a real problem there, people going on about how it was all part of getting people in debt for the Great Reset etc. It made any organising much, much harder as there was a constant battle against this stuff, especially on social media and Whatsapp groups, some people would just constantly post conspiracy videos and comments that needed countering or deleting, and it's really draining and depressing. It's very effective sabotage of political struggle.

Yeah, my experience was identical. Had one bloke talking about "the great V conspiracy" and when I looked a bit blank he said "oh, you're vaccinated, I'm so sorry for you". I laughed in his face. In the end the whole Don't Pay experience was utterly depressing, seemed to be met with either complete indifference or conspiraloonery, the number of us who could both see the potential in a mass strike but who weren't also leaning towards nutjobbery was miserably small.

What really concerns me is that this is a wider problem we have to deal with now. Any issue that comes up (climate change is currently seeing it) now has a significant tendency of this conspiratorial thinking attached to it that needs countering. I was doing some local Don't Pay stuff for a bit and it was a real problem there, people going on about how it was all part of getting people in debt for the Great Reset etc. It made any organising much, much harder as there was a constant battle against this stuff, especially on social media and Whatsapp groups, some people would just constantly post conspiracy videos and comments that needed countering or deleting, and it's really draining and depressing. It's very effective sabotage of political struggle.
Sometimes it's like it doesn't bare thinking about it's so grim and out of control. But People are getting wise tho, the conversations we have here are not that uncommon. Grifter, rabbit hole, algorithms, online radicalisations, etc the parlance for this debate, are being used as we use them everywhere. We are not outliers, there's enormous awareness building of what we are typing on can do to our outlooks.

It's missing "don't look up".

That film is rapidly joining Idiocracy in the list of films I really fucking wish people would stop referencing like they're dropping some kind of sage wisdom. It seems like they're effective vectors for the kind of poisonous liberal elitism which seems to have a knack for nudging people towards eugenicism, open or covert.

Sometimes it's like it doesn't bare thinking about it's so grim and out of control. But People are getting wise tho, the conversations we have here are not that uncommon. Grifter, rabbit hole, algorithms, online radicalisations, etc the parlance for this debate, are being used as we use them everywhere. We are not outliers, there's enormous awareness building of what we are typing on can do to our outlooks.

Yeah, I think it's worth bearing in mind that our more connected age gives loonspuds a louder voice but not necessarily a bigger presence.

i actually find that pretty terrifying, what you have just written.

Yeah I think one characteristic of all of this lot, beyond the general 'being twats' thing, is that they can't even identify what they actually want, beyond 'not the new world order' or whatever. Some vague stuff about freedom maybe. If you're the powers that be you aren't feeling threatened by a movement that doesn't even know what it stands for are you.

That film is rapidly joining Idiocracy in the list of films I really fucking wish people would stop referencing like they're dropping some kind of sage wisdom. It seems like they're effective vectors for the kind of poisonous liberal elitism which seems to have a knack for nudging people towards eugenicism, open or covert.
Hmm... you may have a point about the liberal elitism but I missed the eugenicism bit.

Yeah I think one characteristic of all of this lot, beyond the general 'being twats' thing, is that they can't even identify what they actually want, beyond 'not the new world order' or whatever. Some vague stuff about freedom maybe. If you're the powers that be you aren't feeling threatened by a movement that doesn't even know what it stands for are you.

Yeah, I think that's a really good point. They never seem to have any action or activity as a suggestion for what people could do about it (let alone a wider strategy for overcoming this grand conspiracy) so you can't even unite on some common pragmatic activity, they just seem content to tell people about it all and that's as far as it goes. (Barring those very rare odd demos we saw against lockdown and vaccination centres.)

Hmm... you may have a point about the liberal elitism but I missed the eugenicism bit.

I'm pretty sure in Idiocracy the reason shown in the beginning for everyone becoming stupid in the future, is because of poor people having too many kids while rich folk go childless.

the thing i think that sucks people in is how gratifying emotionally it is. that's why normally when someone swings right to left or left to right, in a reasonable, political sense, it is actually troubling for them. painful for them. Its a slow falling out, a disillusionment. but this utter junk - it is so shot through with emotionally satisfying premises - i am special because i've seen through teh game, i have secret, incredibly hidden knowledge, etc - that the "conversion" can be so quick because the emotional gratification hits like a drug onces you've "seen through the game". One minute its a facebook timeline of fishing pictures, the next minute it's global cabals who are after children. It isn't politics, it;s something else. A sort of narcissistic gratification.

The

I think some of this appeals to people because it makes them feel less impotent. Instead of being just a Joe Smoe, who is subject to the whims of impersonal economic forces, you're a fighter against a global Satanic cabal set on dominating the world. You know the REAL TRUTH!

Last edited:
A pro-Trump social media site is considering becoming a marketplace for 'unvaccinated sperm'

Three sources familiar with the matter and a fourth briefed on the situation describe serious, repeated discussions about creating the online anti-vax semen market, in which unvaccinated men would self-advertise and sell sperm to the highest bidder. Two of the sources say stakeholders have gone so far as to explore possible “testing requirements” to ensure specimens came from unvaccinated donors.

...It’s “the most ludicrous fucking thing to come out of pro-Trump social media in a long time, and that is saying something,” another of the sources says.

I think some of this appeals to people because it makes them feel less impotent. Instead of being just a Joe Smoe, who is subject to the whims of impersonal economic forces, you're a fighter against a global Satanic cabal set on dominating the world. You know the REAL TRUTH!

i don't think many think they are impotent - think "rugged individuals" - etc - but of course they, like us all, are impotent but at least many of us are at least aware of that. From interviews, from what i have picked up, so in no way conclusive, the energy or presentation or feel i get is the "no one is the boss of ME" type personality.

A pro-Trump social media site is considering becoming a marketplace for 'unvaccinated sperm'

Three sources familiar with the matter and a fourth briefed on the situation describe serious, repeated discussions about creating the online anti-vax semen market, in which unvaccinated men would self-advertise and sell sperm to the highest bidder. Two of the sources say stakeholders have gone so far as to explore possible “testing requirements” to ensure specimens came from unvaccinated donors.

...It’s “the most ludicrous fucking thing to come out of pro-Trump social media in a long time, and that is saying something,” another of the sources says.

They old purity of fascism. Once it was pale skin and blue eyes - now it's unvaccinated sperm or pure blood. Based on nothing other than paranoia. Absoloute garbage. Some of teh worst culture war shit i have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom