Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the sir jimmy savile obe thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickman's model

Starry Wisdom
A thread for discussion of sir jimmy savile obe and his vile activities. Please don't call other people nonces or say they look like nonces on the thread or it will go the way of all the others.

A thread for discussion of sir jimmy savile obe and his vile activities. Please don't call other people nonces or say they look like nonces on the thread or it will go the way of all the others.
Well, it lasted 6 posts before moving on to claims about others. Another thread headed binward. Quelle surprise.

being reported without restriction on major news channels, injunction overturned by courts, seems odd that this cannot be discussed on here, especially when the constance briscoe case is being happily dissected.

being reported without restriction on major news channels, injunction overturned by courts, seems odd that this cannot be discussed on here, especially when the constance briscoe case is being happily dissected.

What's being reported can be discussed, surely? It's wild speculation that starts to get people uneasy.

I misread the title as "the sir jimmy savile oboe thread". I thought that was a bit too direct discussing his 'oboe'. I am glad it is only about his OBE. I can't see any point in posthumously taking away an honour. Once you are dead your honour is gone and dies with you. His honour certainly has gone. Also his oboe is no harm to anyone now.

I meant other posters.
It said "A thread for discussion of sir jimmy savile obe and his vile activities". Not for discussing unsubstantiated claims against others. It's just as likely to get closed for claims against non-posters as posters, especially against persons living who have not been convicted of the offences being alluded to.

What you posted was fine and based on fact, although the fact that you mentioned his and his wife's ages gave a certain implication as did the first part of your post. It's just that once more people start discussing the matter, it's likely someone may post something that is not as fact based.

Wasn't there resistance on some of the early threads when some posters were outing Saville as a nonce? What's incredible - given the scale of his abuse of young girls over decades - is how intimdated officialdom was from saying anything. Not BBC management, not the cops, not the press, not the Stoke Mandeville bosses, not the school/home authorities, no-one. Makes you wonder what other things people in high places are hiding.

Should we not also do a John Peel OBE thread/discussion ? Folk are seemingly letting John Peel off the
hook because he was cooler than Savile and introduced us all to some fantastic music etc..There seems to
be a bit of a Roman Polanski ting going on with Peel, ie lots of folk defending him because of how "great" he was..
..He was a dodgy geezer by his own admission.

They say they are waiting for the police to finish theirs first.

They are waiting to see what they will not have to admit to, more like!

freddie starr's appearance on the news last night was a new high.. appearing alongside his 34 yo wife the 69 year old denied he was attracted to young girls and suggested that as his accuser went to an approved school she shouldn't be believed.

Yep; saw/heard that. What was her wording again? I think it was: 'I mean, she went to a special [different word used here; was it approved?] school, didn't she?' Oh really? So she was damaged? She would have had to have made it up? All children in approved schools make things up?

I am surprised we have not heard anything from HIGNFY team.

Personally I prefer to think that someone is innocent until proven guilty. I am not saying that Jimmy is innocent nor guilty, it just seems that in a very short space of time the media have decided that he is guilty without any propper due process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom