Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the infamous little black dress...

I think I need one, a black dress that is, strappy and knee length, or just over the knee :hmm:
Yes you do. The one you're looking at looks simple, classy and very versatile too.

I've got a couple. A maxi dress strapless one, an above the knee one with thick shoulder straps and lace all over and one similar to the one in your pic BB.

I also just bought this for going out in the evening http://www.newlook.co.uk/1819179/181917901/ProductDetails.aspx but I could probably get away with it in the day over jeans I think.
Ohhh adorable! :)

The closest I've got is a little navy dress I picked up at an urban clothes swap. Sort of Roland Mouret-ish, close cut, just below knee length, with little ruffles around the square neckline. I'd never have bought a dress that cut, but it's actually really flattering.

yes, i have one. It's a slinky black jersey dress that hugs all the right curves,mid thigh in length, long sleeves belled at the wrist and backless with a big bow where it comes together at the small of the back. Love it.
That does sound lovely... I've never really looked at long sleeved dresses.

I own a few black dresses but they are all casual summer type things. No formfitting LBD/cocktail type things to speak of. Not like I got anywhere to wear them anyway. I've also stopped buying really dressy clothes because of this as well. No point if they never get worn.
After my mates who were going to get married got married, it seemed rather inappropriate garb for pub crawls in the less salubrious watering-holes of Clapham & Brixton, which was what my social life consisted of at the time. :oops::D
It's not like I really go anywhere dressy either... so I'm thinking more a black dress that's versatile. Would look good if I put on a nice pair of heels and was going somewhere fancy (a restaurant to me is fancy ;)), or ok dressed down with some boots. If that makes sense. Not after a ball gown ;)

I have two

My "best" one is from a charity shop in Truro --- floor-length , very simple, made from raw silk jersey.

The other's from some high st chain (bought for a funeral)
I do lust after maxi dresses every now and then, but I'm far too short :D wil keep an eye out in charity shops though, got a few nice bits recently.

I have, but it's red with black spots. a LRD, then.

It's short (over the knee) and kind of A line from a fitted (or really, just tight) bust.

It's not the most flattering thing I own, but it's a failsafe and I can wear it for most social occasions. And it looks like a ladybird, which is always a plus.

I've never owned a little black dress... I had a long one that had this sequin throw-thingy over it.
I wore it a ball once and that was it.

Oh gosh, I have loads. For every occasion (to the extent that unpleasant Kizmet told me I didn't need an organised wardrobe because I could just stick my hand in my mess of clothes and I would be bound to pull out a black dress). I have summer black shirt dresses, black sexy shift dresses, black jumper dresses (I'm wearing my newest one (black poloneck bought with Trashpony's magical voucher) now), a chiffony and lace one bought for Spangle's wedding, a wrap one, a pretend wrap summer one. I have a problem.

Yes, I think you need one, if not millions. They are the best thing ever.

I think you have a problem with dresses full stop ;)

I think I need a dress that is just black, maybe not a LBD, but a dress that is plain black with no pattern, that I can wear any colour shoes with :)

I have a couple of black jersey things, one with a cowl collar one is a wrap, both have 3/4 sleeves but they are more about 'new client, first meeting, possibly quite conservative don't know what to wear' dresses than 'occasion' dresses. Both from TK Maxx, like 90% of my clothes

I have one but I haven't worn it for years. It's a 3/4 length sleeve one and it's a jersey material and it's a bit cleavagy.

I find it a bit posh and boring though to wear very often. WHERE ARE THE SEQUINS?!

I think you have a problem with dresses full stop ;)

I think I need a dress that is just black, maybe not a LBD, but a dress that is plain black with no pattern, that I can wear any colour shoes with :)

:mad: How dare you!

Yes, that's the great thing about black dresses: the shoe opportunities. I sometimes wear mine with patent purple chunky heels.

This sounds daft but cos I have ginger hair, which is quite bright sometimes (I mean, in photos I sometimes say 'my hair looks so ORANGE!' and people blankly say 'it IS') sometimes colours have to not clash (or in my mind, at least) and I think black is kind of cool with red hair. That's my excuse, at least, when the kids at school ask me if I'm some kind of goth or something.

Back
Top Bottom