Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 'I have some sort of lurgy but don't know if it is corona or just a cold' thread

Rotten headache, bit of a sniffle, cough, and general all over crappy / knackered feeling.

According to LFT it's not the plague.

I was supposed to be going and visiting mum-tat this weekend.

Bugger.

Rotten headache, bit of a sniffle, cough, and general all over crappy / knackered feeling.

According to LFT it's not the plague.

I was supposed to be going and visiting mum-tat this weekend.

Bugger.
I have the same (though no cough) and negative lfts but my whole family has covid...

Hurrah! Just like over Christmas my choices aren’t just non covid lurgy and covid lurgy, but also allergies!

After numerous LFTs, it not feeling as bad as COVID, and antihistamines helping I’m plumping with allergies, which is good in one way, but more open ended in another :mad:

Non regularly snotty people don’t know how good they have it.

Can confirm there is a very catchy non-COVID at the moment - almost all my extended family caught it from Passover meal on Saturday, but done 3 tests each and all negative. Very sore throat, blocked nose and light, throaty cough - but no fever or acheyness. I'd still suggest anyone with similar symptoms test at least 3 times (if you can afford to :mad: ) - a few friends have said they've only got a + on 3rd day of symptoms when it's actually COVID.

I've been mildly ill for over a week. Continuous dry cough, hoarse voice, sore throat, mild fatigue, weird taste on one day. Lft daily- negative. Feel OK every other day. Paracetamol and ibuprofen in the evening help.

Might see if I can get a pcr through work as I'm on leave now and it would be good if I could get the time back!

I've been faintly cruddy since Friday. Headache, slight cough, general tired and crappy feeling, and slightly uncomfortable in the bit of arm that gets used as a pincushion for flu / covid shots (had my booster before xmas)

Had a clear LFT test this evening.

Meh.

Hurrah! Just like over Christmas my choices aren’t just non covid lurgy and covid lurgy, but also allergies!

After numerous LFTs, it not feeling as bad as COVID, and antihistamines helping I’m plumping with allergies, which is good in one way, but more open ended in another :mad:

Non regularly snotty people don’t know how good they have it.

I've been getting hayfever issues too over the last couple of weeks. Just cos we need another factor added in there!

I don't know what to do. Yesterday I went out to meet up with friends in the afternoon despite having that nagging 'am I coming down with something?' feeling. Had exactly one beer, and decided that what I really wanted to do was go home to bed. So I did.

I don't have any classic Covid symptoms -- no cough, no temp, no shortness of breath. I just feel achy, dizzy, and inclined to lie in bed, although I'm feeling a bit better now, or at least very bored by mostly lying in bed since yesterday afternoon. The NHS site is telling me I can't get a test.

I wouldn't even have thought Covid was likely, but the symptoms were very similar to what I had in February 2020, later confirmed as Covid by an antibody test.

I've applied for an overtime shift tonight. But nobody has yet noticed, which means that I can withdraw my application without facing consequences (so many people were booking overtime and cancelling that they started to get threatening). However. I don't feel that bad now, and I've got the rest of the week off, so the money from the shift would be welcome.

i have felt kinda crap since about the middle of last week - rotten headache (i get occasional migraines, so tend to assume that at first), various aches and pains, tired, occasional outbreaks of the runs, slight cough and sniffle.

got a clear LFT on thursday as plan had been to visit mum-tat this weekend (which we called off on friday due to me being crappy)

hmm

Another one for a pounding headache, sneezing but no chills and no positive test (I’ve done 4 LFTs over 3 days) yet wife and son both have covid.

Really heavy cold came on last Tuesday morning, sweats, savage cough, headaches. Still lurking with snot and cough, no + tests though...

4th day of feeling like shite here.

2 negative LFT'S but achey limbs, bit snotty, and awful tiredness. Very odd. Got out to stretch my legs for the first time since the weekend and anything remotely resembling a hill really wiped me out. On the mend slowly now though I think.

Called in sick today at work, unusual for me, the last time was 1 year ago when down with covid. Feeling weak, tired and swollen glands. Was sure it had to be covid as this is how it felt last time. 2 negative LFT's, so I guess not....

What’s the best OTC remedy for stopping a cough and snifflesfor a few hours?
Lemsip just works for like ten minutes so not that

i've got a bit of a headache, bit of a sniffle and think i'm running a temperature - i don't often feel warm and i've already turned the heating down a bit.

and i went to visit mum-tat yesterday (i should have gone midweek but didn't due to major train cock-up. i did a clear covid test tuesday and didn't bother to test again yesterday morning)

bugger

might do a test tomorrow.

the bright side is i have got something, i probably won't have to go to the office (about 70 miles away) in the snow on thursday morning...

faintly cruddy feeling, and i'm sure it's not still quite as warm as i feel like it is.

i did ask about getting a flu jab yesterday, but shouldn't get side effects from that before i have it...

hmm.

my last covid test runs out in 10 days - wonder if it's worth it?

faintly cruddy feeling, and i'm sure it's not still quite as warm as i feel like it is.

i did ask about getting a flu jab yesterday, but shouldn't get side effects from that before i have it...

hmm.

my last covid test runs out in 10 days - wonder if it's worth it?
They say don't test till day 4.

They say don't test till day 4.

I tested first day of feeling wonky.
Thin line but clearly positive.
Day 5 - similar.
Day 7 - instantaneous red line thick like something out of a Steven King novel.
Day 10 (today) - almost gone.

I think it was this new variant going by the symptoms - maybe it shows up faster.

Back
Top Bottom