Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Generic Tennis Thread

I've been watching. Italian tennis is really having a moment, and I like Musetti a lot. Having said that, Tommy Paul is on fire at the moment so will probably win this final. His match against Seb Korda yesterday was amazing.

Do wish tennis crowds would stop doing that "let's go [player's name] let's go" chant, it really gets on my tits :mad:
indeed

and why have they started having a fkn DJ on playing music for the 3 minutes they sit down for a rest between games?!?!?
It's been happening here at Queens and at Roland Garros last week :mad: Haven't noticed if they're doing it in the final.

indeed

and why have they started having a fkn DJ on playing music for the 3 minutes they sit down for a rest between games?!?!?
It's been happening here at Queens and at Roland Garros last week :mad: Haven't noticed if they're doing it in the final.
yes, they have a DJ on :mad:

Hope they don't do this at Wimbledon
#Wimbledon't

DJ during a quiet moment of no action happens at rugby too. Really annoying. I blame 20-20 cricket for it.

Hope the young people for whom it’s supposedly attractive appreciate it

Anyone been watching the tennis at Queen's this week?

Final is on now. I'm not a massive tennis fan but I've never heard of either of these chaps. Lorenzo Musetti v Tommy Paul :confused:
We went on the Monday - first time at Queen's.

Saw Raonic breaking the record for aces served in a best of three. I didn't realise until afterwards, but did think he was serving a helluva lot of aces

Despite it being Norrie and Raonic, it was a surprisingly exciting match!

If anything goes awry with big favourites Alcaraz and Sinner, Paul and Hurkacz (who was a finalist at Halle today) could be strong contenders at Wimbledon.

Some really exciting tennis from the British women today :eek: :cool: Right down to the wire for Raducanu, a proper nail-biting finish.
I thought she was down and out in the early stages of the second set, but what a comeback!

Really impressed with Amarni Banks, who is 21 and through to the final qualifying round at Wimbledon - hope she gets there.

Apart from a little bit of housework I have done virtually nothing today apart from watch tennis! So good to be able to watch the women, as after the demise of tennis on Prime I've seen very little WTA matches.

Absolutely. Hannah Klugman doing well in qualifying too. I thought i had saturated myself in tennis a little too much over the last few weeks of WFH, but I'm really excited for Wimbledon :D

I found this an interesting read.
Thanks - that was a really interesting read, albeit a sad one.

Not a good day for the British women, with Raducanu and Boulter both going out at Eastbourne, and Klugman and Banks both falling at the last hurdle in Wimbledon qualies. :(

A couple of great results for the men though. Billy Harris through to the semi-finals at Eastbourne, which is amazing as he was a regular Challenger circuit player until recently, and Paul Jubb in the semis at Mallorca after an amazing upset against Ben Shelton.

BBC are showing the men's semi final match at Eastbourne - never known them to show the ATP but it's a welcome development.

Could be because one of them is British though.

Back
Top Bottom