Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

The three of you are very funny. Really.

Good night.
I’m sorry, it was a low shot. But I honestly can’t see how you like that band because of their passion and not perfect but interestingly offbeat performances but not recognise how Almodovar does the same (apart from much much better).

to not love him, okay. But to hate him? Dude, that’s just wrong.

The three of you are very funny. Really.

Good night.

You're being an idiot and you're actually pissing all over the band and Dolores by doing this shit.

You're wallowing in your own pathos and trying to force your soppy views about a person you didnt even know in real life..at all.

In doing so, you have tainted...no... made shite of someone I did know who doesnt deserve the vitriol on these pathetic threads you have started.

You have effectively fucked her over...and I think you and your troll arsed nonsense should actually fuck off.

I believe the Cranberries broke up/stopped working together a few years prior to Charlie Bit My Finger. This ought not to matter to anyone, but we can't have an inaccuracy on Urban left unaddressed.
I think we can see the Cranberries' subtle artistic influence in Charlie Bit My Finger. It's arguably their most lasting legacy.

12Tone DESTROYS Rick Beato. Actually quite relevant to some of the discussion we've just had.
He lists a bunch of bad albums at 2:25 and claims that "all of those are considered classics today". Soundgarden? REM's shiny happy people one? Achtung Baby? Nein danke.

Beato - great hair, terrible 'content'.

He lists a bunch of bad albums at 2:25 and claims that "all of those are considered classics today". Soundgarden? REM's shiny happy people one? Achtung Baby? Nein danke.

On a completely side note I was a bit shocked when 12tone said that if you're not Bryan Adams there's a good chance you've never heard Everything I Do. Which I guess shows that it hasn't lasted with the younger generations but also if you combine the youtube counts it's another one for the 1 billion views club (well almost) so there's a lot of nostalgic gen X youtube users out there.

Incidentally Beato is being boomerish again today.

Last edited:

I haven’t watched it all yet, it’s quite interesting. But he he seems perplexed by that Bryan Adams song is remembered. I guess he’s too young. But it was fucking everywhere and in the charts for like three months or something.

You're being an idiot and you're actually pissing all over the band and Dolores by doing this shit.

You're wallowing in your own pathos and trying to force your soppy views about a person you didnt even know in real life..at all.

In doing so, you have tainted...no... made shite of someone I did know who doesnt deserve the vitriol on these pathetic threads you have started.

You have effectively fucked her over...and I think you and your troll arsed nonsense should actually fuck off.

You're right, I was really angry and I overdid it in a pointless argument. I apologize if with this I have damaged the image of her and the band here, I have been absurdly passionate with a person, as you say, whom I did not get to know in person. Still, I hope you understood the reason for this.

If you read the conversation with Knotted you will be able to observe an exchange of points of view from the most absolute respect, particular tastes aside. Which has not been possible with those 3 users, someone else and the censor, who have been insulting me for a month for something as trivial as musical taste.

I am not a troll but as I said, if instead of doing a favor I have damaged their image I assume I have made a mistake and I sincerely apologize for it.

I haven’t watched it all yet, it’s quite interesting. But he he seems perplexed by that Bryan Adams song is remembered. I guess he’s too young. But it was fucking everywhere and in the charts for like three months or something.

No.1 in the charts for 3 months and in the charts for half of 1991!

who have been insulting me for a month for something as trivial as musical taste.
But you're fine slagging other people off for not 'appreciating' the Cranberries, and you're OK with insulting me personally, posting up lies about me (not a single post of yours has been 'censored') and making up derogatory comments about my band which you know precisely nothing about (and has got absolutely nothing to do with the discussion).

Fucking hypocrite.

God yeah. Ergh. I was into Nervana and all the other stuff but you couldn't escape that fucking song.

You're right, I was really angry and I overdid it in a pointless argument. I apologize if with this I have damaged the image of her and the band here, I have been absurdly passionate with a person, as you say, whom I did not get to know in person. Still, I hope you understood the reason for this.

If you read the conversation with Knotted you will be able to observe an exchange of points of view from the most absolute respect, particular tastes aside. Which has not been possible with those 3 users, someone else and the censor, who have been insulting me for a month for something as trivial as musical taste.

I am not a troll but as I said, if instead of doing a favor I have damaged their image I assume I have made a mistake and I sincerely apologize for it.

You weasel

And Zombie was never officially on the banned list, nor was Killing An Arab (although they were both unofficially banned)

Pulp sound horrible. DC must be the most overrated álbum of all time, dude.

😂

Between Pulp, Suede, Pulp and Elastica they can make a festival to see who sings worse and if anyone in the audience knows a song.

The band that got only one member of the public to know a title would win.
Ah. Now, no.
While I can totally understand that they don’t appeal to you, Pulp were an intelligent, musically inventive band with a frontman who was lauded by anyone who saw them live as one of the greats.

But their greatest skill was the lyrics - the sincere, original, pretention-free working class storytelling that spoke directly to fans from a similar working class British childhood and adolescence in the seventies and eighties. And that isn’t you, so I can see that they wouldn’t speak to your heart. But to me that’s what makes them a cut above. (A different class, no less).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom