Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

Crannadict I can't help feeling the best way to find some common ground would be to hold a series of The Cranberries listening parties where we can hammer things out track-by-track. Starting off with their debut album.. "Everybody Else is Doing It, So Why Can't We?". I am sure the editor will be cool about hosting.

What's everyone doing 9pm this Thursday? :)

Crannadict I can't help feeling the best way to find some common ground would be to hold a series of The Cranberries listening parties where we can hammer things out track-by-track. Starting off with their debut album.. "Everybody Else is Doing It, So Why Can't We?". I am sure the editor will be cool about hosting.

Yes perhaps we could do it on Teams or Zoom, you Crannadict could pull together a power point deck of 12 or so slides for each track In chronological order. We coukd listen, then you could take half an hour or so to expound upon the track then we could listen to the track again, Cranners could then facilitate a plenary session then we could move on to the second track.

Sounds ace.

Last edited:

Oh man, I'd LOVE to host such an important listening party but I'm afraid the server is completely full. There's not even enough room for a Cranberries flexi-disc giveaway one sided single.

The discussion of U2 and Negativland upthread had made me think about that time Apple forced everyone who had an Apple product to own a U2 album. Along similar lines, I'm sure it should be possible to find a way to use the forum software to automatically download the entire Cranberries discography whenever anyone visits?

Flouncing if this carries on

I ask again, who is meant to be the Zombie in this?
It is hard to tell. It’s straight after Warrington so must be aimed at the ira. But the ira never had tanks, so it’s presumably aimed at the British army as well. Which seems to boil down to nowt more than ‘why can’t we all love each other?’

. Which has not been possible with those 3 users, someone else and the censor, who have been insulting me for a month for something as trivial as musical taste.
Not sure if I’m one of the three users or someone else but…. We’re not insulting you because I’d your taste, but because the only way you could defend your taste was by going ‘yes they are’ and ‘yeah, but tgg he at band you like are shit’

I have musical obsessions that I’m sure make your live of Dolores look like a passing fancy. You don’t even have a cranberries die cast car! The difference is, I don’t give a shit they hardly anyone else appreciates the genius of St Julian, that’s there loss, not mine.

It is hard to tell. It’s straight after Warrington so must be aimed at the ira. But the ira never had tanks, so it’s presumably aimed at the British army as well. Which seems to boil down to nowt more than ‘why can’t we all love each other?’
I take the tanks and the guns and whatnot to be imaginary ("in your he-e-e--ad"), as in "why are these silly people having a war when there's no enemy anymore?"

im looking at the wiki

Particularly offended that terrorists claimed to have carried out these acts in the name of Ireland,[24] O'Riordan asserted: "The IRA are not me. I'm not the IRA. The Cranberries are not the IRA. My family are not. When it says in the song, 'It's not me, it's not my family,' that's what I'm saying. It's not Ireland, it's some idiots living in the past".

deliberate ambiguity in the lyrics supposedly

Also!
On 18 April 2020, the official music video had succeeded in reaching over 1 billion views on YouTube and became the first female-led song, first song by an Irish artist, and sixth song from the 20th century to reach the milestone

im looking at the wiki

Particularly offended that terrorists claimed to have carried out these acts in the name of Ireland,[24] O'Riordan asserted: "The IRA are not me. I'm not the IRA. The Cranberries are not the IRA. My family are not. When it says in the song, 'It's not me, it's not my family,' that's what I'm saying. It's not Ireland, it's some idiots living in the past".

deliberate ambiguity in the lyrics supposedly

Also!
On 18 April 2020, the official music video had succeeded in reaching over 1 billion views on YouTube and became the first female-led song, first song by an Irish artist, and sixth song from the 20th century to reach the milestone
How long had the video been up on yt?

Back
Top Bottom