Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Cranberries are a Top50 band in History

Yes. A bit of mixture supposes the strongests societies. This is why the Spanish Empire lasted from 1492 to 1898, more than 400 years. While the British Empire was only in force from 1648 (Peace of Westphalia) until 1922.

Dozens of peoples passed through Spain and all of them left their mark, creating in the 15th century the strongest state since Rome. The British never equaled the power Spain had in the 16th century
Armada than you

The English are Germans, the Irish are Celts. Your mentalities are different

My granny didn't die in both world wars just so some fucker could roll up and call me German :mad:

But seriously, all this 'national mentalities' bollocks is just grist for the big mill of racism and petty tribalism. Kindly take it elsewhere.

Last edited:
is that a show in ireland?

Ah.. sorry...
They showed it on the Late Late show over here.
It was 1992. She was right and not long after the scandals and abuses of the Catholic church began to be uncovered.

I was watching a New Order clip on youtube the other day (this one of the Top Of The Pops performance of Blue Monday) and the comments are full of New Order fans delighted at how chaotic and hapless the performance is.

Real New Order fans know that the more chaotic a gig, and the more equipment goes wrong, the better it is.

Criticism of New Order doesn't land 'cause all the things anyone could criticise them for - Barney's singing, the rhyming dictionary doggrell lyrics, the instruments that go out of time with each other, etc etc - are all things we love about 'em.

Lol, got so much grief at school after that performance (had the band name tippexed onto my pencil case)

Back
Top Bottom