Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The all boxing thread

Pointless saying who won off 5 minutes of highlights, but.... I will. :) Beterbiev pushing the pace and certainly taking over at the end. You can see why he got the decision. But a helluva lot of his punches landed on Bivol's arms. Looked like a classic draw to me - in terms of punches actually landed (compuBox was just about even I think), first half v second half, boxer v puncher etc. Classless as he was, you can't disagree with Hearn saying 'how could one judge see it 116-112'.

Though, of course, that level of subjectivity is built into boxing judging, so why am I going on about it...

Hearn is giving it portions to push the rematch, he's already selling it Beterbiev v Bivol 2.

I did notice how pissed off Bivol looked with Hearn and with his coach (i think). I wonder how long he's tied in to Hearns for?

Pointless saying who won off 5 minutes of highlights, but.... I will. :) Beterbiev pushing the pace and certainly taking over at the end. You can see why he got the decision. But a helluva lot of his punches landed on Bivol's arms. Looked like a classic draw to me - in terms of punches actually landed (compuBox was just about even I think), first half v second half, boxer v puncher etc. Classless as he was, you can't disagree with Hearn saying 'how could one judge see it 116-112'.

Though, of course, that level of subjectivity is built into boxing judging, so why am I going on about it...
Yeah that judge was a bit mad. But if that fight had gone to Bivol then we'd be having the same conversation, just in reverse. Bivol is an amazing fighter, really skilful and like I said I thought he shaded it. But Beterbiev was just as good. Different boxer but nothing even fazed him. Kept coming forward, cut off the ring, at times he really bullied Bivol. So I dunno. Draw would have been fine 😁 Both amazing fighters.

hmm was watching with it in the background. whilst gaming last night . was a close fight but Beterbiev was the aggressor for the later round and the busier puncher think that what one it for him in the end . Bivol was clearly gassed by the 10 round and was waiting for the end of the fight whilst beterbiev was still trying to end it..

be a grand rematch

Back
Top Bottom