Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Horse racing tips an all good horse things...

bet on any foreign horses. you'll know from the sound of their neighs (and it's also marked on the card). why has a French or German horse travelled all the way over for the race? because it's an absolute shoo-in of course. enjoy your winnings. also any grey horses, but everyone knows that one.

Doing a bit of research on the bus.

So far I’ve got a hunch about a few horses. I have £40 out for bets, probably will bet on the last 5 races. It looks like the fields are not massive so not sure if each way is worth it or not.

We have Musselburgh close to us, and Market Rasen in England. We like the odd bet now and again but not yet actually been on course. I’ve set up a couple of online accounts but with very low monthly limits so I don’t get carried away.

I bought a Racing Post, bloody hell they‘re expensive now. Any online equivalents, preferably free?

We need to get the Hunters and Barbours out and get to a meet.

We have Musselburgh close to us, and Market Rasen in England. We like the odd bet now and again but not yet actually been on course. I’ve set up a couple of online accounts but with very low monthly limits so I don’t get carried away.

I bought a Racing Post, bloody hell they‘re expensive now. Any online equivalents, preferably free?

We need to get the Hunters and Barbours out and get to a meet.

It's all free. (Click on a horse for form)

One good thing about Newton Abbot is none of this dressing up like a twat in a suite etc, jeans are fine and I’m wearing a pair of black trainers which I’m assuming will be fine.

One good thing about Newton Abbot is none of this dressing up like a twat in a suite etc, jeans are fine and I’m wearing a pair of black trainers which I’m assuming will be fine.
You have not mentioned if you are wearing a shirt.
No bare torsos allowed :)
Scares the horses....

It looks like the fields are not massive so not sure if each way is worth it or not.
In the 2.15 there's a very short-priced favourite. It may win -- I suspect it will, given its trainer's record in the race -- but something has to come second and third. Jasmin De Grugy is an owned by JP McManus, which is something I look out for. It's unraced under rules, but has shown nothing in point-to-point races, which puts me off somewhat. In the same race, Atreides is 33/1 with Bet365 and half that price with some other bookies, also something that catches my eye.

At least you'll be able to see the horses before the race. It may not be easy to tell which ones are likely to win, or at least it isn't for me, but sometimes it's fairly easy to eliminate certain ones who definitely don't look in the mood.

No winners so far, the one I backed in the last race was just beaten in the final metres having led most of the way.

Enjoying myself though :cool:

My dad loved the nags, betting was basically his only hobby (that & drinking in pubs) . He favoured a Yankee, 3 bets ( bet 1 wins, goes on to bet 2, and then on to bet 3) he could calculate the possible win in his head , I allow the betting app to do that .

I occasionally do a horse Yankee, but mostly to football Yankees.

My dad loved the nags, betting was basically his only hobby (that & drinking in pubs) . He favoured a Yankee, 3 bets ( bet 1 wins, goes on to bet 2, and then on to bet 3) he could calculate the possible win in his head , I allow the betting app to do that .

I occasionally do a horse Yankee, but mostly to football Yankees.
Yankee is 4 selections…

I often have a bet on the horses, but usually simple bets. I've not had much of a win recently, but I never place more than I'm comfortable losing.

I put a bet on Spain to get to the Euro finals, then forgot I'd done one so placed a second for them to get to the finals. :facepalm:

It looked an open race, and Matt Brocklebank had tipped it. I thought it was more likely to place than win, but hope springs eternal.

Back
Top Bottom