Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2023 Russian Coup.

Tim seems to think it's racist to state the fact that Russians have usually lived under dictatorship, so I wouldn't set great store by what he says on the matter.

It's your tendency to rehash dreary clichés that I comment upon. They're not something I feel able to set any store on.

He has backed down.

Surely Prigozhin has lost any and all creditability now.
I can't see everyone calmly deciding to let bygones be bygones, like Prigozhin had to many lagers at a bbq and kicked off, not least any other disgruntled oligarchs noticing how vulnerable Moscow clearly is. Also Prigozhin doesn't strike me as keen on jumping out of a nearby window. Somethings got to give, no?

It will probably be a while before we find out what Ukrainian forces have been up to in the last 24 hours, but hopefully they've managed to gain some ground and/or fuck up some Russian/Wagner infrastructure.

Russian morale is not going to be great after this. Thinking they were going to stroll into Moscow, chuck a few ministers in the river and then be back home with their families in short order. And then no, actually it's back in the neverending meat grinder for you lads. Even after the boss told the whole world that this war was for nothing.

I think there’s a high degree of probability those military commanders Prigozhin had taken a dislike to are no longer in position, and Prigo’s probably a couple of hundred million dollars richer as a little sweetener on top.

Presumably he's blown Wagner's USP of being Putin's trusted action-at-a-remove organisation which does seem to make him a bit surplus.
he said he had busloads of cash to pay fighters and that the era of corruption and lies was over, don’t think he’s going away quietly to keep bees.

I wonder whether he's negotiated himself a power base or something... 'we need a permanent HQ in Rostov to conduct the war effectively, plus control of supplies there', some shit like that.

Back
Top Bottom