Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2023 Russian Coup.

I wonder what the non-Wagner Russian troops in Ukraine are thinking about now, I would imagine this would be a good time to steal what few white goods that haven't already been looted and piss off whilst their officers are distracted. As for the Ukrainians they must be considering their options do they press their advantage now or wait and see what happens? The Russians fired 20 missiles at Kyiv last night it will be interesting to see how many they send tonight.

A well organised coup would have seen the revolutionairies already in the capital.

As it stands I doubt they will make it to Moskow as there will be defences erected, the roads are already closed,
I agree, I think. A well-organised coup would have seen significant figures in Moscow and leading army and FSB figures already showing their hands and making demands on Putin. As far as reported, this doesn't seem to be happening.

If it's no more than the trumpted 25000 Wagnerists plus rumoured unresisting conscripts, this smacks more of an ill-planned putsch based on a whim.

This is amusing right? I mean it's a little bit scary but it doesn't feel like a global thermonuclear war trigger just yet and it definitely harms Putin even if he wins.
As some have hinted, though, it's what happens if Putin loses and centralised authority collapses that really matters.

For Herr Wagner to have convinced 10 - 25k rabidly patriotic right wing Russian mercenaries to follow him in this endeavour is not to be underestimated imo.

They're not in this for shits and giggles and have spent the last several months literally fighting in the trenches for Mother Russia.

To have persuaded them this is the way is an achievement in itself so I give them more than a fighting chance of having some sort of success, what that means is obviously impossible for me to predict. They're up against ennui and inexperienced internal security forces. Panic may also be setting in if they keep up this momentum.

Or they could all be immolated by the RuAF in short order...but nothing much has happened yet.

I’m going with this guys take, over welweit.

What seems to me unanswered is what action wagner would take to Ukraine if they get rid of shoigu and gerasimov, let alone putin. There's no way that I can see Russia would go whoops my bad atm with likely punitive reparations - my bet is they'd look to be more effective than the last lot: e2a if it turns out so simple tho i would be surprised. lots of unhappiness - more than we've seen over the past year - may unfold

Ho ho ho like british military hands arent covered in mercenary blood

Yeah, but it is actually quite fun to watch these bastards killing each other while people like you desperately think up excuses as to why it doesn't matter.

Strategically this is nonsens surely. Why would they play their hands before they had to? We'll see what happens when they get there; there doesn't seem to have been fierce resistance so far.
I'm going off what I seem to remember in 1991 (I was in Moscow.) Leading figures were declaring for or against what was happening as soon as it became clear it was underway.

What seems to me unanswered is what action wagner would take to Ukraine if they get rid of shoigu and gerasimov, let alone putin. There's no way that I can see Russia would go whoops my bad atm with likely punitive reparations - my bet is they'd look to be more effective than the last lot
And even if Prighozin wins, it won't just be Wagner who get to decide.

What seems to me unanswered is what action wagner would take to Ukraine if they get rid of shoigu and gerasimov, let alone putin. There's no way that I can see Russia would go whoops my bad atm with likely punitive reparations - my bet is they'd look to be more effective than the last lot

I was thinking the same but if this chaos continues then the Ukrainians can take full advantage of the inevitable loss of overall C&C for an extended period of time. If there is a transfer of power (or consolidation if Putin wins through), then whoever is in charge will be very distracted for some time. So hopefully that will mean even if a newer more efficient crowd take over it will all have played out in Southern Ukraine already.

Some level of enjoyment/amusement at how the phrase, "It's a rapidly evolving situation" is becoming stock commentator-speak meaning "I really don't have a fucking clue." in response to a journalist's question about what's going on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom