Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

TFL cyber attack 2024

friendofdorothy

Solidarity against neoliberalism!
Apparently the TFL and Oyster systems are under attack. Timetable info is sketchy and you can't log in to your Oyster account . Humph!:(

It’s been going on for 5 days. From the limited info I have read, They are probably trying to find active attackers in the systems, the way the are taking different systems down during this period, indicates ( to me) the attackers may be moving laterally across web facing systems and using web shells to exfiltrate data.

They have managed to get the NCI involved so that probably means it’s easy to solve. Unless they also do reselling of “recommended vendors”.

It’s been going on for 5 days. From the limited info I have read, They are probably trying to find active attackers in the systems, the way the are taking different systems down during this period, indicates ( to me) the attackers may be moving laterally across web facing systems and using web shells to exfiltrate data.

They have managed to get the NCI involved so that probably means it’s easy to solve. Unless they also do reselling of “recommended vendors”.
No idea what most of that means. How long do you think it might take for it to be solved?

Just being picky then. Every thread displays with the date it was started anyway. I'm going to edit the date out.
It's not being picky. I ask the same thing for earthquakes and terrorist attacks. While threads do as you say show the date started, many of us use phones probably in preference to computers and probably in portrait rather than landscape. Where the date started isn't displayed. In addition many times people look at the title and not the start date, I've been taken in by thinking something's new and sure others have too.

It's not being picky. I ask the same thing for earthquakes and terrorist attacks. While threads do as you say show the date started, many of us use phones probably in preference to computers and probably in portrait rather than landscape. Where the date started isn't displayed. In addition many times people look at the title and not the start date, I've been taken in by thinking something's new and sure others have too.
This is new, so what's the problem.

I'm on a phone and I can see the date.

The TFL site just tells me to check back later. I'm wondering how often to check :(
I would give it a few days. They will be wanting to get their systems back up asap. But they will need to be imaged, and investigated, and rolled back to a previously know clean configuration. Which requires full knowledge of the intrustion. And there is a million other considerations to think about to. Which is why I no longer involve myself with such shithousery.

It’s not a job I would ever want. The threats is always going to be to the general public and their money.
To be responsible for that many peoples payment methods. Across a wide technology stack. Hopefully they ( Information security ), are divided into large clear teams with set objectives and responsibilities.

Last edited:
At what point are you supposed to be renewing an over-60 card? In case you're getting younger, and thus lose eligibility?
You have to pay an annual fee and send proof of address every year

You've now had your 60+ London Oyster photocard for a year, we hope you have enjoyed the benefits.

As per the terms and conditions of the scheme, you must provide proof of your current London borough address. You must also pay the £10 address check fee to keep using your 60+ London Oyster photocard for another year.

Sign in to your account to provide proof of your address.

You must complete this by 21 September 2024 or your 60+ London Oyster photocard will be stopped.

If your photocard is stopped and you are still eligible for a 60+ London Oyster photocard, you can start a new application and pay £20.

Not only have I lost my card, it is soon going to be time to renew it and I'm not sure if I updated my address on their system either :facepalm:
When I tried to log in yesterday it said I had the wrong email / pwd and didn't send me a new code to log in.

Back
Top Bottom