Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Take down your 'castle', twat told

I came here to post about it - YT has been delivering me videos of neighbours from hell ...

I had to read it a few times before realising he fancies he's running it as a business and claims he will have to lay off 40 staff !! :eek:

The google car hasn't been up there since 2011, but you can see the thing on the satellite photos ...
You'd have thought he might have found a more sensible area to set up shop ... but there be dragons in the Forest ...

I came here to post about it - YT has been delivering me videos of neighbours from hell ...

I had to read it a few times before realising he fancies he's running it as a business and claims he will have to lay off 40 staff !! :eek:

The google car hasn't been up there since 2011, but you can see the thing on the satellite photos ...
You'd have thought he might have found a more sensible area to set up shop ... but there be dragons in the Forest ...

He'd still need planning permission if he was running it as a business.

What drew my interest was that in the video I saw where he wars tearing down a neighbour's fence, people in the comments were calling him "old man" at only 62 (my age) ...
The fact that he's taxed MOT'd and parked his classic cars on the street to make room for the "leisure centre" (sic) ..

Clearly we all age differently - but I've been doing eccentric shit all my life - I pulled down a small concrete extension / greenhouse last year that I started when I was 33 and never finished ... it became an overgrown folly ... and last year I had to kango the insanely over-engineered foundations and had to haul it all back through the house and into an expensive skip ...

I'm hoping I've learned the lessons I need to learn - ready to find a new home that actually suits me ...

My own "leisure centre" dream is a minimalist barn conversion if I can pull it off - and / or the two storey atrium I never finished here ... it does feature a projection screen (40 years as AV tech - plus rave visuals) , but definitely no leather seats or billiard tables ...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Take down your 'caravan', woman told

Not sure how I feel about this one. One the one hand, that is clearly not a caravan. But it's quite tastefully done, and hardly an eyesore

Bloke's done something very similar down the valley from us. He gave me a look round, it's superbly done and like this one looks really good even in a sensitive area.

It doesn’t actually matter if it’s done well or looks good. There is a process for approving buildings and sometimes that process may deem it inappropriate regardless of aesthetics. If you want to build something, apply for permission properly.
I have some sympathy for the position she finds herself in, and it is always a bit of a tragedy when people make assumptions about what's OK and find out the hard way what isn't, but ^^^this, really.

The system may be unfair. It may be that her "caravan" really is capable of being moved. But I can't help thinking that there was a bit of a try-on going on here - there is a big difference between even a mobile home type caravan and what she's got there.

There is a statutory definition of a caravan (Section 29 of the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960), which says (amongst other things) "is [a caravan], when assembled, physically capable of being moved by road from one place to another (whether by being towed, or by being transported on a motor vehicle or trailer)", and I suppose she could argue that it could be put on the back of a truck. But It's not going to go on a truck in one piece, so unless she's been very careful to make it so the thing splits down the middle, it's not a caravan.

It's also got to be smaller than 20 metres long, and 6.8 metres wide (allowing for being able to split the thing. I'm sure that looks more than 20m long.

Nah. Unfortunate if it was a mistake, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere, or someone will build a caravan conference centre in their field.

It doesn’t actually matter if it’s done well or looks good. There is a process for approving buildings and sometimes that process may deem it inappropriate regardless of aesthetics. If you want to build something, apply for permission properly.
To an extent, but the main reason for having building planning approval is to avoid unsuitable/inappropriate buildings. These are a lot more appropriate than most houses being thrown up (often by developers with mates on the council) with planning approval.

To an extent, but the main reason for having building planning approval is to avoid unsuitable/inappropriate buildings. These are a lot more appropriate than most houses being thrown up (often by developers with mates on the council) with planning approval.
The new builds where my parents are the council insisted a mature tree was saved. Builders digging foundations and putting in services cut through some of the roots so the tree is now dead. :(

In your opinion. That's the problem, and the reason planning laws and restrictions are necessary. What you might consider appropriate, I might decry as a monstrosity.
Well yes, but once again the utterly monstrous shite that gets thrown up with planning permission is
more of a problem.

Last edited:
Take down your luxury hotel, Tory twat told

Now, this is a decision we can all get behind :)

Billionaire Tory donor told to tear down luxury hotel that hosted Brexit deal

A billionaire Conservative donor has been ordered to tear down his five-star hotel that hosted the post-Brexit Windsor agreement.
Surinder Arora, 64, has been told by officials he will have to demolish all or part of his luxury Fairmont Windsor Park Hotel after building an extra wing and extending into the eaves without planning permission.

Almost a case of take down your gargoyle, twat told but turns out the gargoyle was erected in protest at a previous planning decision

I'm really liking the local councillor's attitude to the whole thing 😁.

Depending on what the enforcement team decides at his court date next month, the grotesque could stay up, should Thomas gain planning permission. If it does not, Palmen said he’d like to buy it from Thomas. “It would be nice in the garden.” he said.

Back
Top Bottom