Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

I can't see how she can stay. Surely at thsi point, the longer Sunak leaves it the worse for him, even if the ERG will take it badly

I can't see how she can stay. Surely at thsi point, the longer Sunak leaves it the worse for him, even if the ERG will take it badly
i think if he can keep her she'll come in very useful longer term, not just for internal party reasons but as a perfectly cast idiot to front up the 'culture wars' that are their only plan for the coming GE.

"I was appalled to find that we spend £150 per person, per night, for current hotel and accomodation cases. In my opinion, £150 means a very nice hotel "

#SuellaSpeaks #SuellaBraveman

Hate to say it, but a lot of people agree with her.
Yep. I suspect thats why she'll be kept in place, as far as possible.
I looked at DM comments earlier, there was an enormous amount of sympathy for the deceased terrorist, "RIP fella" etc.
Those people are their best hope for the next election and thats what she's there for to court them not to actually do anything.

Last edited:
It'll be great when she's administrating an immigration policy that's functionally identical to the tory government's policy, but more efficiently run
Thing is, that sounds clever but what do you mean by "functionally"?
Braverman is responsible for the fact that thousands of people are tonight being kept in inhumane conditions for illegal lengths of time, because she is ideologically committed to cruelty as a policy choice and as theatre, so she decided to do that, lock them up in there instead of sending them to hotels.
Bravermans personality (her dreams, her stupidity) does matter, it makes things a lot worse. But that's not "functionally" is it.

It’s grim and so depressing. The language is well and truly fascist. I’m not someone who flings that word around. It does mean something. But what else can we call the escalating language of this type, turning on a group who are already being treated appallingly by this government. I feel sick to the pit of my stomach. These are dark, dark times.

Back
Top Bottom