Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

I don't think he will. General electioneers in the Tory party are in a decided minority atm of being both headbangers and in very safe seats. The balance of interest is in maximising space to claw back some semblance of the Sensible Economics crown. The left's not wrong in trying to frame Braverman as "Sunak's bad decision" but she'll be a useful shield against the internal nutty right/lightning rod for the left while the party re-establishes itself as "pragmatic and serious-minded taking hard decisions" elsewhere.

Last edited:
I don't think he will. General electioneers in the Tory party are in a decided minority atm of being both headbangers and in very safe seats. The balance of interest is in maximising space to claw back some semblance of the Sensible Economics crown.
Yes, that's what I thought until yesterday night. And maybe you're right. It's all so febrile now, and such a lot of anger coming out from the headbangers I'm just wondering if they can keep a lid on it where the control is right now in the HoC.

As long as he's got the balance of the MPs on side he's going to be pretty hard to dislodge, and at this stage they'll be extremely reluctant to go through the trauma of another leadership election unless he really fucks up. Worse than Truss, even. Though that said the Mail and Telegraph don't seem to like him all that much (for some unknown reason which definitely isn't to do with what you're thinking, how dare you), and they have nearly as much sway, if not more, so no certainties I guess.

Bloomberg:

Rishi Sunak Walks Right Into a Lose-Lose Immigration Policy​

Appointing Suella Braverman as Home Secretary has created the prime minister’s first political and policy challenge.

Last edited:
I am most gratified at this reply. I was worried that they'd be issued a builder's bucket & a Spear & Jackson spade. Much too great an imposition on the taxpayer's purse!
i would be most surprised if the former people ever drained falkland sound, like so many things in life it's not the getting there but the journey that's important. and if not all the former people get to see the completion of the project - well, at the going down of the sun and in the morning we will not remember them

It's tempting to see it like that, but I'm not convinced it's true.

My recollection is that Sunak had already passed the 100 nominations and was looking pretty much nailed on as leader before Braverman announced she was backing him, so she wasn't really in a position to demand her old job as a condition of her support.
It was to stop her and the rest of the headbangers backing Johnson. Apparently he was phoning her constantly to get her support. Possibly the same deal with bad Enoch.

Reactions: Ax^
It was to stop her and the rest of the headbangers backing Johnson. Apparently he was phoning her constantly to get her support. Possibly the same deal with bad Enoch.
My point was that, IMO, even if the headbangers had backed Johnson, Sunak already had enough non-headbanger support to pretty much ensure he would become leader.

Anyway, the conversation has moved on, and we are where we are, with Braverman as Home Secretary again.

My point was that, IMO, even if the headbangers had backed Johnson, Sunak already had enough non-headbanger support to pretty much ensure he would become leader.

Anyway, the conversation has moved on, and we are where we are, with Braverman as Home Secretary again.
Sunak winning was by no means a done deal. If johnson had got the backing of 100mps - then the vote would have gone to the membership - and johnson would probably have won. Thats why sunak was desperate to keep him off the ballot by buying off his main backers.

I fully expect that her workload - tallied daily - will soon wear her hands to stumps, at which time she'll be issued with hooks.
She can make those herself, having personally mined the materials, while her hands are still in full working order. They can be stored in her locker until she needs them. That will reduce the costs to the taxpayer, increase her skills base, give her great satisfaction and instill a sense of real personal responsibility, so it's a win on every count.

She can make those herself, having personally mined the materials, while her hands are still in full working order. They can be stored in her locker until she needs them. That will reduce the costs to the taxpayer, increase her skills base, give her great satisfaction and instill a sense of real personal responsibility, so it's a win on every count.
Do you write copy for DWP policies by any chance?

Hopefully locker rental will be charged at appropriate market rates - we don't want to encourage freeloading. Perhaps we could also look into parcelling up locker supply into an outsourced services-and-logistics contract to ensure VFM?

Hahaha:

Not too sure how true in terms of predictions the last part in particular is though:

1667079635614.png

But it made for an amusing interlude.

Hopefully locker rental will be charged at appropriate market rates - we don't want to encourage freeloading. Perhaps we could also look into parcelling up locker supply into an outsourced services-and-logistics contract to ensure VFM?
Do you write copy for DWP policies by any chance?
L
LOL. I took a friend along to her 'work makes you free' interview with them. The cunt doing it asked her if she washed regularly, and if she vaginally douched. He then asked her if she knew how to use the telephone directory. At that point I snapped, and said she's severely depressed with a heart condition and is having TIA's, but she's not claiming to have difficulty with the alphabet, so what's the telephone directory stuff about? He dropped it. She had a major stroke soon after.

Absolutely right DaveCinzano. No freeloading. Lockers at commercial rates, taken from the mining and digging wages at source, having been built by prisoners not there yet, and subcontracted out to a corporate friend of a friend. Waste not want not. It's the Tory way, and it's what they insist encourages others, so to live it themselves will be nothing but inspirational good fun, with 'personal responsibility' to be enjoyed and learned at every stage of their journey to an early grave.

The NSA hacked everyboy's phones - including Angela Merkels - but bosses have the right to spy on their employees, don't they?. Especially in these tense times of european self-sacrifice.
The Guardian revealed that the NSA had been monitoring telephone conversations of 35 world leaders after being given the numbers by an official in another U.S. government department. A confidential memo revealed that the NSA encouraged senior officials in such Departments as the White House, State and The Pentagon, to share their "Rolodexes" so the agency could add the telephone numbers of leading foreign politicians to their surveillance systems. Reacting to the news, German leader Angela Merkel, arriving in Brussels for an EU summit, accused the U.S. of a breach of trust, saying: "We need to have trust in our allies and partners, and this must now be established once again. I repeat that spying among friends is not at all acceptable against anyone, and that goes for every citizen in Germany." The NSA collected in 2010 data on ordinary Americans' cellphone locations, but later discontinued it.
The mobile phone of German Chancellor Angela Merkel might have been tapped by U.S. intelligence. According to the Spiegel this monitoring goes back to 2002 and ended in the summer of 2013, while The New York Times reported that Germany has evidence that the NSA's surveillance of Merkel began during George W. Bush's tenure. After learning from Der Spiegel magazine that the NSA has been listening in to her personal mobile phone, Merkel compared the snooping practices of the NSA with those of the Stasi. It was reported in March 2014, by Der Spiegel that Merkel had also been placed on an NSA surveillance list alongside 122 other world leaders.
etc. Global surveillance disclosures (2013–present) - Wikipedia

if only buddhists were all about the peace and love. She's from alone if that's her faith
Buddhism is like any other religion. Its adherents make of it what they will. Buddhist rulers of Thailand or Myanmar can quite happily behave with extreme violence when it suits them, particularly to non-believers. Japanese kamikaze pilots can happily kill others whilst committing suicide. After all, paradise or enlightenment beckons. Even Tibet had an army, albeit rather ramshackle, which fought the Chinese when they invaded.
Practitioners of Christianity tend to think in similar fashion, holding gentle Jesus and the Quakers in high esteem, whereas the Ku Klux Klan are more typical of Christianity in practice over the centuries.
A lot of believers seem to be able to compartmentalise their religion, saving it for that one special day, or one special place.

Even Tibet had an army, albeit rather ramshackle
At the beginning of the 20th century, the british army massacred the Tibetan army.
A few years later, the predecessor of the Dalai Lama massacred all the christian missionaries and threatened the same to any non-buddhists (mostly non-tibetan chinese) who did not convert.

This is when the state makes a belief the state religion, or even where it is simply the local custom, then people are born into the religion - it does not mean that they adhere to it or follow it.

Also it is really questionable whether tibetan buddhism can be simply called "buddhism" given the huge vedic influences in it - it's a horrifying bundle of superstition for me.

The west has cultivated tibetan buddhism, the present dalai lama receiving funds from the CIA, as part of its Cold War Strategy against China.

For more than two thousand years the state has controlled religion - why does one think it has suddenly stopped? Religion is part of the state, an important tool of the state. It has always been ready to annihilate beliefs which threaten it, especially beliefs controlled from abroad - hence the problem with the Roman Catholics, because the Vatican does get involved in politics and also worked with the CIA.

Back
Top Bottom