Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

At the beginning of the 20th century, the british army massacred the Tibetan army.
A few years later, the predecessor of the Dalai Lama massacred all the christian missionaries and threatened the same to any non-buddhists (mostly non-tibetan chinese) who did not convert.

This is when the state makes a belief the state religion, or even where it is simply the local custom, then people are born into the religion - it does not mean that they adhere to it or follow it.

Also it is really questionable whether tibetan buddhism can be simply called "buddhism" given the huge vedic influences in it - it's a horrifying bundle of superstition for me.

The west has cultivated tibetan buddhism, the present dalai lama receiving funds from the CIA, as part of its Cold War Strategy against China.

For more than two thousand years the state has controlled religion - why does one think it has suddenly stopped? Religion is part of the state, an important tool of the state. It has always been ready to annihilate beliefs which threaten it, especially beliefs controlled from abroad - hence the problem with the Roman Catholics, because the Vatican does get involved in politics and also worked with the CIA.
I believe Braverman is linked to Friends of the Western Buddhist Order. Some would question how 'Buddhist' they are. It's not worth arguing the toss over whether Tibetans are more or less Buddhist than they are. Religions evolve, change, splinter, vanish, re-emerge etc etc.

Wefail.art

313402967_563435822449188_8394824095746975003_n.jpg

This is becoming an arm-wrestle between Sunak and those trying to undo him / Braverman.

Braverman is a dangerous psycho who should be nowhere near government. I'm sure this is well known in government. However, the louder these stories, the more Sunak will dig in, as an early sacking / resignation will play badly.

Just depends if the strategy of shrugging / doubling down / toughing it out will work for Sunak. If these stories won't go away it may force a re-think.

I am incandescent about this. Braverman is now the focal point for my fucking rage at 12 years of tory horror. She deserves every acre of that rage.

Six times breaching the rules with official documents

Far right terrorism against a migrant centre, overstuffed by a callous cunt in office.

Fuck Braverman, she needs to go

Braverman presiding over a fucking concentration camp. utter scum. lock her up in manston.
if you look back at the history of the soviet dalstroy, it was usual for the first tranche of prisoners to build the camp. with that in mind, we could do much worse than send braverman and an initial detachment of other former people to south georgia to construct the accommodation for future arrivals of former people who will build the grytviken - buenos aires friendship bridge. much better than just sending her to manston.

I think she might be going.
This story is stronger than all the stuff about emails: The decision to allow the camp to become dangerously overcrowded and to hold people there for illegal lengths of time, which aside from everything else will probably mean big expensive compensation claims, that was all her.

I think she might be going.
This story is stronger than all the stuff about emails: The decision to allow the camp to become dangerously overcrowded and to hold people there for illegal lengths of time, which aside from everything else will probably mean big expensive compensation claims, that was all her.

...six current and former government officials directly familiar with the matter said
sending government documents to her personal email account on six occasions
just six days earlier
It's all in the numbers.

I see the BBC version of the story includes:

One source told the BBC there was "crystal clear" advice that the government was not acting within the law.

Sources told the BBC Ms Braverman's predecessor as home secretary Priti Patel had been "reluctant" to sign off on sending asylum seekers to hotels but did so because she was aware that it was her legal duty to do so.

Grant Shapps also approved the transfer of migrants to alternative accommodation to ease congestion at Manston during his brief period as home secretary.

But sources allege that Ms Braverman did not take measures to ease overcrowding by sending asylum seekers to hotels - despite warnings over the legality of what was going on at Manston.

Senior figures in Whitehall said the move was extraordinary and called into question whether Ms Braverman could survive in her position.

Back
Top Bottom