Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

Anyone decent (ethically & professionally) would have left by now, whole office must be an absolute shitshow.

335041093_969781457324877_3851758961840271238_n.jpg

Observers of Braverman may have noticed she's gone to Rwanda to liaise with people there over the planned migrant* relocations. she also pointedly took along with her representatives from the Times, GBNews, The Express, The Mail, and The Telegraph. The BBC and the Graun were not invited:

now though the most bizarre publicity pics are appearing on Twitter:

1679212815645.png

for context the above is a crop of this:

1679212916770.png

1679212976790.png

I am having difficulty understanding how she thought these might be good publicity

*Note I am using the word 'migrant' here because that's what they are being called in this scenario. They are mostly, in reality refugees.

Last edited:
Observers of Braverman may have noticed she's gone to Rwanda to liaise with people there over the planned migrant relocations. she also pointedly took along with her representatives from the Times, GBNews, The Express, The Mail, and The Telegraph. The BBC and the Graun were not invited...

...I am having difficulty understanding how she thought these might be good publicity

It's aimed at readers/viewers of those particular media and not those of the BBC and the Guardian, and what works as good publicity for the former doesn't necessarily work with the latter.

It's aimed at readers/viewers of those particular media and not those of the BBC and the Guardian, and what works as good publicity for the former doesn't necessarily work with the latter.
Yeah, I guess so but it's certainly not playing well with anyone else.

Yeah, I guess so but it's certainly not playing well with anyone else.

I'm not sure it's intended to play well with anyone else.

Part of the point of it is to create a sense of outrage among liberals etc, to feed the idea that without these hard right policies we'd be "invaded".

Whether that's electorally effective remains to be seen.

I'm not sure it's intended to play well with anyone else.

Part of the point of it is to create a sense of outrage among liberals etc, to feed the idea that without these hard right policies we'd be "invaded".

Whether that's electorally effective remains to be seen.

It probably will be effective. But not effective enough to make up for the fact they've run us into a massive hole in the ground and their only solution is to shove a few migrants into a bigger one.

At some point, probably about t-minus one year from the election, the papers will mostly stop doing tory PR work and start lining up behind labour, which will by then have been declared racist enough and backward enough to vote for again.

Will it work though?
Tories'll be pissed off that 'illegals' are getting 'impressive' new build places?
Probably the only thing the people they're aiming this at will be happy about will be 'lefties' getting upset about it, oh, and the deportation of desperate vulnerable people obviously

I was hoping that the sentence beginning "Suella Braverman was so impressed by the decor of the Rwanda homes" continued
"that she decided to stay there."

Probably a fair few tories having this thought for different reasons too

A better life awaits you in the outer colonies...

Meanwhile come to Britain and, nominally, you'll get a free ticket to a better life. How does that dissuade people from travelling exactly?

Have they even found an airline willing to traffick refugees?

A better life awaits you in the outer colonies...

Meanwhile come to Britain and, nominally, you'll get a free ticket to a better life. How does that dissuade people from travelling exactly?

Have they even found an airline willing to traffick refugees?
So glad to see you adopt the special k

Back
Top Bottom