Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suarez gets 8 match ban

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
Liverpool's Luis Suarez has been handed an 8 match ban and £40,000 for allegedly racially abusing Patrice Evra. I don't know what he said, but given that no-one else heard it apart from Evra, 8 games seems very harsh. I hope the appeal is successful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16186556.stm

I expect this is being discussed on the Liverpool thread, but it deserves one of it's own.

Er, he's admitted himself he called him a nigger, repeatedly.

But argued that in Uruguay that's not considered insulting. Deserves far more than 8 matches.

You're not in uruguay, Luis, you racist cunt.

Well done on completely mis understanding his defence there. He didn't call him a nigger at any point.

8 matches and a £40K fine.

Shameful that LFC have not disciplined him too.
Then again, LFC aren't the club they use to be.

Er, he's admitted himself he called him a nigger, repeatedly.

But argued that in Uruguay that's not considered insulting. Deserves far more than 8 matches.

You're not in uruguay, Luis, you racist cunt.
Well done on completely mis understanding his defence there. He didn't call him a nigger at any point.

AFAIK the evidence hasn't been released yet so it's still based on the mountains of speculation floating around.

apologies. hes admitted using the word 'negrito'. repeatedly. which is apparently considered acceptable in uruguay when addressing a very close black friend. how close do you think suarez and evra are? particularly in the context of the match in question?

his intention was to racially abuse evra and as such he got punished.

apologies. hes admitted using the word 'negrito'. repeatedly. which is apparently considered acceptable in uruguay when addressing a very close black friend. how close do you think suarez and evra are? particularly in the context of the match in question?

Similar to the word, Chino when describing Chinese people.
Not at all friendly.

No that's the problem. It's not a term that is used to only describe black people you're close friends with, hence why the FA took so long to make a decision. Until the full report comes out no one knows on what basis they've charged him.

If it's simply that "negrito" is an offensive term then they're on dodgy ground.

No that's the problem. It's not a term that is used to only describe black people you're close friends with, hence why the FA took so long to make a decision. Until the full report comes out no one knows on what basis they've charged him.

If it's simply that "negrito" is an offensive term then they're on dodgy ground.

This is what the FA have said/found:

Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match.
The insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra’s colour.
Mr Suarez shall be warned as to his future conduct, be suspended for eight matches covering all first team competitive matches and fined the sum of £40,000.
The penalty is suspended pending the outcome of any appeal lodged by Mr Suarez against this decision.

to be fair, they reported the same thing on five live speak your brains this morning i.e. Suarez had admitted using "negrita" but that it wasn't meant in a derogatory manner.

I'm not gonna call it either way until I see the FA statement. But AFAIK whatever word was said (and it seems something was said that upset Evra) it has not been clearly confirmed by anyone what that word was.

I speak to Uruguayans regularly during the course of my work , they insist that the term negrito is generally used more as a friendly term than otherwise , problem is I don`t think Suarez was trying to be friendly .

If the FA don't want to look like a bunch of hypocritical cunts then Terry is looking at a life ban from football.

But Terry was only using those words to say that he didn't use those words. He'll get a slap on the wrist, he is captain of England after all.

If Suarez got 8 games, Terry should have double that.

But Terry was only using those words to say that he didn't use those words. He'll get a slap on the wrist, he is captain of England after all.
If the FA agree hat this is what happened then this will only re-inforce the Suarez verdict as will it show a common abhorrence of the use of such terms.

Back
Top Bottom