Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strike!

Whats interesting is Ive not seen any internet campaigns to get people to vote-well least if there has been any I've not seen them.

Ahh - got it - thanks.

I got into a bit of a debate with 'someone' earlier. I didn't go int uni today depsite the studios and the technical workshops being open. I would have been working in the technical workshops where the technicicans decided not to strike. I don't support their decision as I feel it undermines the rest of the union members who did decide to strike so I didn't go in. I also have a problem crossing a picket line - even if it's not me on strike iyswim. The person i was arguing with says I'm daft because my union wasn't striking. Am I daft? Is my support pointless?

Ahh - got it - thanks.

I got into a bit of a debate with 'someone' earlier. I didn't go int uni today depsite the studios and the technical workshops being open. I would have been working in the technical workshops where the technicicans decided not to strike. I don't support their decision as I feel it undermines the rest of the union members who did decide to strike so I didn't go in. I also have a problem crossing a picket line - even if it's not me on strike iyswim. The person i was arguing with says I'm daft because my union wasn't striking. Am I daft? Is my support pointless?

In a nutshell no.

Ahh - got it - thanks.

No, not pointless. You took a principled stand, and in my view the correct one.

article-2068180-0F00F0DC00000578-369_964x214.jpg

Passed this today and thought WTF. Police 'cordon' apparently.

that dm poll removed as 84% support strike! :D

and that cordon is used for edl 'demonstrations' saw one in Cardiff when the cunts were here

I know, it's still building but they're already shitting themselves. Never thought I'd live to see this. Warms my heart.

Hello
I am a neewbee to all of this,only found this site a week ago.....about the same time I suddenly decided to have a definate(if poss) political view. I am a nurse and had to think very hard about what to do with this strike,however the autumn statement managed to clarify how I felt and left work this morning 3hrs early so pissed off!!this is a government who wants to encourage people to go out and work??.....I"m finding it very hard to believe when most of my patients get more in benefits than I do working every shift man sends and then gett to pay tax on my SMALL pension and receive no benefits when I retire and if I'm really lucky get to pay tax on what is left ... AGAIN.......I am furious!
Sorry 4 any spelling mistakes,don't have computer,can't afford one,and it's like working with a postage stamp on my mobile.

most of my patients get more in benefits than I do working
I'm glad you're pissed off about what the government is doing, but just to say, the above statement is almost certainly not true. Possibly you've been listening to people who like to make stuff up. In general, one of the reasons governments like to attack benefits is to get people to work for even less (even for free right now), and that means the attacks on benefits will in the long run lower your wage.

Back
Top Bottom