Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strike!

My school was closed to students. Teachers on strike gathered outside gate to hand out leaflets to passer bys and then went to march in Central London. No picket no one classified as scab - just friendly atmosphere as non strikers turned up for work without normal lessons

Salmonds actions do not result in the same things as another person crossing that line would
Yes it did. Who cleaned his office, served him in the canteen? What civil servants did he call upon in order to do his paperwork, make his speech, work in his office, answer the phone? Those were PCS members he spoke to in the picket line.

he helped the workplace stay open. So he did prevent them shutting it down.

It's not a fucking workplace. It's a parliament. It's just not the same.

Anyway, it's not worth continuing this conversation. The levels of irrationality seem crazy to me. All because people want to fantasise they're back in the 70's when real men didn't 'scab'. It's all just bollocks in respect to Salmond and I think you know it deep down. Posturing; meh! Whatever.

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue.

Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out.

No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with.

Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage.

Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver.

Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commision in the british army.

The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country.

A scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Reactions: HST
Yes it did. Who cleaned his office, served him in the canteen? What civil servants did he call upon in order to do his paperwork, make his speech, work in his office, answer the phone? Those were PCS members he spoke to in the picket line.

Well then it was the cleaners, cooks, civil servants and secretaries that were scabs. Not him.

Well then it was the cleaners, cooks, civil servants and secretaries that were scabs. Not him.
He was the one giving them the work to do. Same as you would if you crossed a picket line into a shop where staff were striking, or a swimming pool, or school, or anything else. Buying that book from a scab makes you one.

Anyway, it's not worth continuing this conversation. The levels of irrationality seem crazy to me. All because people want to fantasise they're back in the 70's when real men didn't 'scab'. It's all just bollocks in respect to Salmond and I think you know it deep down. Posturing; meh! Whatever.

It's got fuck all to do with people fantasising they're back in the 70's :D why you're persisting with this is as baffling and irrational to me as the counter argument being presented to you re. scabbing.

It's got fuck all to do with people fantasising they're back in the 70's :D why you're persisting with this is as baffling and irrational to me as the counter argument being presented to you re. scabbing.

I'm hardly 'persisting' in any way. I mentioned it a handful of times because that is how it is coming across. Anyhow, it doesn't matter.

You're bonkers :D

Is he like the arch angel Gabriel, or some other ethereal being who wafts across pickets lines without anyone noticing, slips in a few hours of hard graft and then wafts out again?

You're making my brain hurt :p

my pics from today, not great quality, all from my phone

Attachments

• IMAG0098.jpg
    IMAG0098.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0092.jpg
    IMAG0092.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0093.jpg
    IMAG0093.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0095.jpg
    IMAG0095.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0097.jpg
    IMAG0097.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 9
Leeds:

Small picket line outside the main entrance of my office. Everyone walked through :( The people in my department avoided me and went in the back (where they were met by another picket :D). Tomorrow will be awkward.

Went to the rally and march from Woodhouse Moor which was fucking massive :D Estimated 8,000+ easily. Plenty of pickets along the way and University buildings occupied. Best part was half way through when the parents & kids feeder march joined with their home-made banners and placards :)

Back
Top Bottom