Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Wow. AJ’s quickstep was fast. She just didn’t stop moving, endless spinning and then a load of kicky bits as well. 40. FINALLY.

Not sure about the modern dance. I find them a bit try hard at the best of times and then that song is so over used on tv as a lazy shorthand that emotions are happening I found it hard to get into it. I could tell it was technically good and I liked the lifts apart from the walking in step upside down which just made such an ugly shape for the torsos.

Beautiful waltz from Rose.

Felt like Rhys’ technique on everything on the samba was right. I hate his moustache.

Decent rumba for AJ.

Hated that song for JoJo’s jive. Made it feel like the dance never really got going. Loads of great bits but the song ruined it for me. Amazing sparkly tops and did feel like John was a bit freer in his movement.

Loved that Argentine tango. Such great choreography, I don’t always like this dance style but it was brilliant.

i feel for Rhys cos any other year he'd have made it to the final but i can't see it happening.

Wow. Only just been able to catch up and what a fucking episode!

AJ is just totally awesome and out of this world. I thought the dress got in the way sometimes cos it stopped me seeing the footwork, but when it looked good it looked wonderful.

She couldn’t be topped and J&J didn’t quite, but that bloody ‘your popular support’ bit was annoyingly moving. As someone who turned teen in 1980 i can’t help thinking that anyone not straight as hell who turned teen in this millennium is lucky as fuck. The fact that there’s still so far to go and that it took so long to have two men dancing together like that on prime time Saturday is sadly shocking. I loved that contemporary dance too. It was properly contemporary (in several spots), not crowd pleasing street dance or disco, but proper Michael Clark contemporary!

What could be better? Only bloody Rose with an incredible waltz and then a just sublime Argentine tango. Truly out of this world and proper pro.

Ohh, Rhys was in it too. He was very good and, as already noted, would have been a well worthy finalist in any other year. His insistence on saying Nancy’s name properly, Xu YouJie, was a really nice touch.

The only problem with this series is that’s it’s made bloody Anton quite decent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom