Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Spain vs Holland, World Cup Final !!!

A fairly dull final in keeping with an overall fairly dull tournament.

Exceptions were Germany's discovery of attacking verve and Ghana's emergence on the grand stage, but many big teams were poor.

Too many dreadful refereeing decisions in the tournament as well, though I think most refs would have missed Puyol's crafty shirt-pulling on Robben in the final as he went through for the second time.

Spain were the better side, yeah, though all that passing, jeez... gets a bit self-perpetuating

A fairly dull final in keeping with an overall fairly dull tournament.

Exceptions were Germany's discovery of attacking verve and Ghana's emergence on the grand stage, but many big teams were poor.

Too many dreadful refereeing decisions in the tournament as well, though I think most refs would have missed Puyol's crafty shirt-pulling on Robben in the final as he went through for the second time.

Spain were the better side, yeah, though all that passing, jeez... gets a bit self-perpetuating

Ahem, they've been doing that for a while. Podolski and Klose were ace in 2006.

I'm a shameless lickspittle.

But I only agreed that no ref could have come out unscathed. I still think he fucked up not sending off de Jong.

with the exception of not sending off de Jong, and not sending off Puyol, I thought Webb did well last night. Was, if anything, a wee bit card happy.

Sssshhhh... he's Spanish, he can do no wrong, remember?;)

;)

I've not seen it enough times to be sure. But I'm pretty certain there was an offside in the build up to the goal too. But, despite this, and despite winning, they've been complaining all day about the dutch and the ref.

De Jong should get a lengthy ban.

It was good that Spain won.

Their style might be a little too cerebral for those who have suckled on the teat of thud and blunder British football but it is the future and it is beautiful to watch.

with the exception of not sending off de Jong, and not sending off Puyol, I thought Webb did well last night. Was, if anything, a wee bit card happy.

It was a really tough match for the ref and I don't think many others could have done any better. The game was always sliding towards farce and he pulled it back from the brink on multiple occasions.

However, he still made a lot of mistakes and ultimately had a poor game. The decisions he made in the run up to the goal were shite. That's decisive.

Their style might be a little too cerebral for those who have suckled on the teat of thud and blunder British football but it is the future and it is beautiful to watch.

What a disgusting post. Really. You middle brow spectator cunt.

Cerebral? I liked how Spain played a couple of years ago. If you can't see the difference between that, and the ponderous, unadventurous version of "tikitaka" they play now you're beyond help.

If diamond likes it is cerebral by definition, them's the rules you Neanderthals. That's an across the board middle brow poncily expressed rule.

'Beautiful to watch' yeh, ofcourse. I watch other styles of football all the time and can be entertained, its nothing to do with preferring the english prem style. The problem was it wasn't a style at all, the fact they had to wait until late on in extra time, when the dutch were down to 10 men, tells me they just got lucky, once again.

As for Webb, english biasedness aside, i felt he did well. Was a tough game to take charge of.

Cerebral? I liked how Spain played a couple of years ago. If you can't see the difference between that, and the ponderous, unadventurous version of "tikitaka" they play now you're beyond help.

They've very slightly altered their style because of circumstance. But they still adhere to the same philosophy and it is the correct philosophy and it is good to watch.

If you find it boring it's because you lack the patience to appreciate the intelligence of their play.

They've very slightly altered their style because of circumstance. But they still adhere to the same philosophy and it is the correct philosophy and it is good to watch.

If you find it boring it's because you lack the patience to appreciate the intelligence of their play.

Only those in thrall to sitting outside cafes clucking at brits elevate a moral deficiency into a philosophy.

'Beautiful to watch' yeh, ofcourse. I watch other styles of football all the time and can be entertained, its nothing to do with preferring the english prem style. The problem was it wasn't a style at all, the fact they had to wait until late on in extra time, when the dutch were down to 10 men, tells me they just got lucky, once again.

As for Webb, english biasedness aside, i felt he did well. Was a tough game to take charge of.

It was a World Cup Final. Of course it was going to be tight. But you really thought they got lucky?

All Holland could do was boot them.

They dominated the play.

It was a World Cup Final. Of course it was going to be tight. But you really thought they got lucky?

They dominated the play.

It was the other tewm that didn't allow the future to happen properly. Doesn't that suggest something about how the future might just pan out then you cerebral clod?

They dominated the play.

Yes, they got lucky. Holland also played the wrong tactics i feel. If you can call what they did 'tactics' that is.

'Beautiful to watch' yeh, ofcourse. I watch other styles of football all the time and can be entertained, its nothing to do with preferring the english prem style. The problem was it wasn't a style at all, the fact they had to wait until late on in extra time, when the dutch were down to 10 men, tells me they just got lucky, once again..
Christ you're fucking clueless...

BTW, I was supporting Holland last night wholeheartedly. I'd placed a couple of big bets on them but by half time it was clear how things were going to pan out.

Holland lost the game within the first half hour.

BTW, I was supporting Holland last night wholeheartedly. I'd placed a couple of big bets on them but by half time it was clear how things were going to pan out.

Holland lost the game within the first half hour.

You place big bets! Whoah, i take it all back. Spain were, in fact, great. Adventurous, non-timorous, not sitting back waiting for a mistake rather than forcing one. Here the future truly is. At last.

Back
Top Bottom