Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Somerton and Frome by-election

PR1Berske

Alligator in chains by the park gates.
Caused by the resignation of David Warburton, under many shadows of alleged behaviour.

Constituency map:
Screenshot_20230617-215935~2.png

Previous result:

Screenshot-20230617-215833-2.png

It's weird cos I know a lot of people down that way and none of them would ever vote tory...

Yeah, Frome is one of those alternative type places like Stroud and Totnes and the old Somerset coalfield towns on the border of the constituency still vote Labour in numbers. Guess they're just outnumbered by all the rural Tories.

Yeah, Frome is one of those alternative type places like Stroud and Totnes and the old Somerset coalfield towns on the border of the constituency still vote Labour in numbers. Guess they're just outnumbered by all the rural Tories.
Stroud constituency is Tory. Maybe lots of the supposed alternative types put their crosses next to the devil on behalf of their wallets.

Well he's had now resigned resigned (as contrasted to Dorries who resigned but didn't resign properly). People who know these things tell me the election date could be as early as 20 July

I wonder how many people will hold their nose and vote tactically to ensure someone "not a tory" wins that seat ?

Presumably quite a lot if local elections in May are anything to go by. Although not in this area apparently (no election I mean)

On a politics forum I lurk, talk on this seat is about the future, as the proposed Frome is a genuine Labour target, so they would be foolish to just let the LibDems think this is another typical gain in rural Tory England.

Candidates

Lorna Irene Bromley CORKE (Christian Peoples Alliance)
Martin John DIMERY (Green)
Sarah Joanne DYKE (Liberal Democrats)
Bruce David EVANS (Reform UK)
Neil William GUILD (Labour)
Rosie MITCHELL (Independent)
Faye Marie PURBRICK (Conservative)
Peter Martin RICHARDSON (UKIP)

I can absolutely see that the kind of person you run in a general election where the seat is unwinnable might not be the person you want to run a high profile by election but you'd at least short list them?

I can absolutely see that the kind of person you run in a general election where the seat is unwinnable might not be the person you want to run a high profile by election but you'd at least short list them?

They're not even bothering to pretend any more.

Ah, I think the tweet has been deleted...?

It was the former Labour candidate resigning from the Party, noting he hadn't been shortlisted, the Party hierarchy run things in a way he doesn't agree with, and the view now familiar complaints about the national party overruling local decisions.

Interesting to see if the Lib Dem’s will convert there by election success in the SW to the general election.

You got to love the Lib Dems, they just claim victory despite having no result yet

Usually the bigger three take a lot of data about the voters during the campaign or before and then when that's lined up against the information they get in the day at the voting booth or otherwise they will have a fair idea of how it's going.

When they are winning big it should be clear by end of day at least.

They had me fooled on social media, thinking it would be a close win probably.

Back
Top Bottom