Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Solved! (Thread for the bin please)

bimble

floofy
i have 'locking wheel nuts' on the wheels of the car & I don't have the whatever it is you need to get them off.
Am trying to find the whatever it is.
- the metal thing you stick in between spanner & the bolts / nuts (?) that will allow them to come off the car.

But everything that looks about right says 'do not order this unless you are certain it is the correct one' and there are ten billion different ones that look like they might be right or might not.
It cant really be the case that every single car in the world has a different and unique shape on these things and if you loose your key you cant ever get yr wheels off , can it?
What should i do?

i have 'locking wheel nuts' on the wheels of the car & I don't have the whatever it is you need to get them off.
Am trying to find the whatever it is.
- the metal thing you stick in between spanner & the bolts / nuts (?) that will allow them to come off the car.

But everything that looks about right says 'do not order this unless you are certain it is the correct one' and there are ten billion different ones that look like they might be right or might not.
It cant really be the case that every single car in the world has a different and unique shape on these things and if you loose your key you cant ever get yr wheels off , can it?
What should i do?

You could try phoning a car parts place and giving them your registration plate and they'll probably be able to tell you which one you need and whether they've got one or can order you one, etc.

It probably has a serial number stamped on it (both mine and Mrs Q's do), make a note of that somewhere safe ('ve written them in the respective handbooks) so if you ever do lose it, you can use that to order another.

Mind broke, thanks to some idiot in a tyre place putting my wheels back on with an air hose set to a million foot pounds.

A place in Mk got a place in Germany to make one from photographs. Only cost £20 including postage and it came in four days!

Back
Top Bottom